Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV alert!

on Sunday (check your local listings for time), NBCSN will be running the Olympic movies of '64 and '12.

Originally posted by gh View Post
    on Sunday (check your local listings for time), NBCSN will be running the Olympic movies of '64 and '12.
    Never did see the 64 movie. Was it any good? Along with 68, this is the Oly (track and field meet) that I think I remember the most.

Comment

Tokyo Olympiad is a great film. . Criterion did a restoration of it....and it was already in color...

Comment

Originally posted by catson52 View Post

Never did see the 64 movie. Was it any good? Along with 68, this is the Oly (track and field meet) that I think I remember the most.
        I think many consider it the best ever (Riefenstahl's '36 masterpiece being frowned upon in many quarters).

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

I think many consider it the best ever (Riefenstahl's '36 masterpiece being frowned upon in many quarters).
          Well yeah when your only other thing you are known for is Triumph of the Will....

Comment

Some of you may remember this event which I believe took place at the 1976 U.S. Olympic Trials in Eugene, Oregon. A local downtown theatre in Eugene showed several of the official Olympic films in a one-day marathon session. It was great to see these films (Riefenstahl's 1936 production and Tokyo Olympiad among the several that were shown) on the big screen in a movie theatre. It was on one of the off-days for competition at the 1976 Olympic Trials.

Comment

They should try that again the next time we have an OT or WC.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                They should try that again the next time we have an OT or WC.
                They could colorize Riefenstahl's film....so people would go....

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

They could colorize Riefenstahl's film....so people would go....
                  Looks like Ted's slowing down but Jane's still out there getting things done - get her on that!

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Looks like Ted's slowing down but Jane's still out there getting things done - get her on that!
                    You and Atticus could do it...

Comment

Originally posted by catson52 View Post

The '64 flick is great. For those more web oriented over a TV, the film is available on The Olympic Channel's YT Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        You and Atticus could do it...
                        I'll bring my big 64 Crayola box!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I'll bring my big 64 Crayola box!
                          There you go.....be creative...make the sky red...

Comment

I just noticed that the Olympic Channel is showing past Boston Marathons today. 2014 is nearly done, then they will show 2015, 2016, etc.

Comment

Would have been a great day with the weather to have been racing Boston this morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X