Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tentative Diamond League schedule released

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Since the Olympics next year are dubious at best....if they can get some meets going in the fall I think most athletes will jump at the chance.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      most athletes will jump at the chance.
      I see what you did there!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        Since the Olympics next year are dubious at best....if they can get some meets going in the fall I think most athletes will jump at the chance.
        As long as it's not a leap in the dark......

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by tm71 View Post

          definitely not the same without Zurich and London
          don’t see many athletes wanting to hang around this late (mid October) with the Olympics scheduled relatively early next year. Btw the German soccer league just re started today and nascar is restarting tomorrow.
          Worth remembering that often athletes are a little 'overcooked' after about mid September but this year they are likely to be fresher in competitive terms. Although I suspect an athlete who is off-form and doesn't feel they need the money so much may call it a day for the season.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by gh View Post
            as for competing in October, there are plenty of high-end athletes who can use the the money these DL meets will provide, no matter how much it's cut back.
            I question if the athletes who can use the money can afford to take the risks that may come with getting to these meets and participating at them. Especially since zero details on how they will be run is known. And the bigger athletes who don't need the money may not see going to an end of year "just to have track" track meet worth it.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

              Worth remembering that often athletes are a little 'overcooked' after about mid September but this year they are likely to be fresher in competitive terms.
              Much fresher, I would think. Assuming the meets actually take place as scheduled, it will be only 2 months between the start and finish of the DL. In a normal season, it's more like 4 months.
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

              Comment


              • #37
                I think the biggest problem for WA's planned DL is that many countries will have in place mandatory quarantining for people arriving on a country. This is not a problem for domestic competitions like the EPL and Bundesliga, but would seem to pose massive problems for athletics.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                  I think the biggest problem for WA's planned DL is that many countries will have in place mandatory quarantining for people arriving on a country. This is not a problem for domestic competitions like the EPL and Bundesliga, but would seem to pose massive problems for athletics.
                  Well, all the DL meets should be held in the USA since we increasingly couldn't care less about stuff like quarantining.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    quote from Pre meet director Tom Jordan in the ERG last week: “There will almost certainly be no international athletes coming from overseas.”

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      The "Impossible Games" are 15 days away. https://oslo.diamondleague.com/en/pr...rogramme-2020/



                      A "team" 2000 between Ingebrigtsens and "team Cheruiyot", 300 H WR attempt by Warholm, several other events, including a 25k and a W 10,000; not much info on entrants.
                      TV by NRK in Norway (public TV); I wonder whether there will be an US TV.
                      Cheers,
                      Alan Shank
                      sheltering in Woodland, CA, USA

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                        The "Impossible Games" are 15 days away. https://oslo.diamondleague.com/en/pr...rogramme-2020/



                        A "team" 2000 between Ingebrigtsens and "team Cheruiyot", 300 H WR attempt by Warholm, several other events, including a 25k and a W 10,000; not much info on entrants.
                        TV by NRK in Norway (public TV); I wonder whether there will be an US TV.
                        Cheers,
                        Alan Shank
                        sheltering in Woodland, CA, USA
                        All the current entrants are listed event by event via the first link you posted. The 3000, 10,000 & 25k all look like Norwegian record attempts, possibly all using the wavelight technology on the inside rail?

                        On the World Athletics site it says Steve Cram will be commentating on the 2000m (and presumably the rest of the meeting?) so it looks like we might be getting it on Eurosport at least. So, NBC Sports Gold might take the same feed??

                        There's also live athletics on TV streams on June 1st (Czech Republic), June 7th (Lahti, Finland) and June 8th (Prague). All accessible with a VPN or the Hola extension. I'll post more details nearer the time.
                        Last edited by LuckySpikes; 05-26-2020, 09:20 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          P.S. Re my as yet unapproved post above (why???) ... I'd forgotten that the women's Norwegian 10,000m record is a bit out of reach for today's Norwegian ladies!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

                            All the current entrants are listed event by event via the first link you posted. The 3000, 10,000 & 25k all look like Norwegian record attempts, possibly all using the wavelight technology on the inside rail?

                            .
                            I swear there were no entries listed (no links on the right side) when I looked at it earlier.
                            I don't think 25k can be on the track, because the 100m is 27 minutes later, and W 10k 32 minutes later. However, with only 3 in 100 and 1 in W 10k, maybe they'll share the track. Jakob recently broke Norwegian 5k on the road.
                            Filip is going to be tired 45 minutes after running 1000!
                            Cheers,
                            Alan Shank

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

                              All accessible with ...the Hola extension.
                              I really wish people would stop promoting this.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                                P.S. Re my as yet unapproved post above (why???) ... I'd forgotten that the women's Norwegian 10,000m record is a bit out of reach for today's Norwegian ladies!
                                Don't worry about it....happens to everyone now and then....

                                Not just Norwegians....pretty much all of the European women these days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X