Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we now return you to the purpose of this thread (and that's not just a suggestion)

Comment

• Fine with me...I'm still upset about the Minnesota news.
      Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-12-2020, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• a pair of Vin Lananna tweets:

Vin Lananna
        @vinlananna
        Tone deaf is the elimination of the track and field program at the flagship university in the city that has been at the center of social injustice. TF is one of the sports that provides access to students of color.
        12:33 PM · Sep 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Vin Lananna
        College track and field provides access to education for 1000’s of students of color every year. As these programs are eliminated what happens to these student athletes and their coaches? Speak up!

Comment

• The biggest issue I have is the fact that fundraising was not allowed which means, as Blankenship kind of noted, this was a clearly intentional choice they wanted to make to some degree. So the community theoretically could have raised millions to save the program and it wouldn't have mattered.

Comment

• with Big 10 back in the football business, if their XC programs are also up and running does this put the sport back over the threshhold needed to stage a Nationals?

Comment

• My son, who has started OSU meets for 32 years, was alerted by the OSU Athletic Dept that the 88th Cowboy Jamboree XC will be held in November and a couple of smaller invitational XC meets in October. The XC course just underwent an unnecessary $2 mill renovations for the canceled NCAA XC champs.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                if their XC programs are also up and running
                It is required that all wordplay have the necessary warning (pun!) attached in order to reduce the GF (Groan Factor).

Comment

• '21 Kansas Relays postponed

see story now posted on home page

ugly question: once it's gone one year, will they ever bring it back?

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                    My son, who has started OSU meets for 32 years, was alerted by the OSU Athletic Dept that the 88th Cowboy Jamboree XC will be held in November and a couple of smaller invitational XC meets in October. The XC course just underwent an unnecessary $2 mill renovations for the canceled NCAA XC champs.
                    My Guess is that they will just move the meets one year later, so OSU gets it next year, etc. Still hoping that Wisconsin gets the first slot in the next four-year rotation, although more schools are throwing in their hats to get the meet.

Comment

• The NCAA has announced that the XC season will begin January 30, 2021 and the NCAA XC Championships will be March 15. Clearly overlaps indoor track season, but not outdoors.

Comment

• Further on that, as I understand the current proposals, the XC qualification events will be March 6. If they keep the same regional set-up there a number of the regionals could be held with sub-zero temps and lots of snow on the ground (and maybe some still falling), The Nationals on March 15 (a Monday) would be two days after the conclusion of the Indoor Track & Field Nationals. Virtually impossible double for the distance runners and stressful at best for the coaching staff.

These changes have been proposed by the NCAA Div. I Council and are subject to approval by the NCAA Board of Directors. I believe that approval is normally a formality, but these are not normal times.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                          ... If they keep the same regional set-up there a number of the regionals could be held with sub-zero temps and lots of snow on the ground (and maybe some still falling) ...
                          Yeah, proper cross country!

Comment

• I based my recent posts on 3rd party news reports of what the NCAA did. I just took a look at the NCAA news release itself and it says:

The Division I men’s and women’s championships are scheduled for March 15. However, there is some concern in the membership about conducting cross country, indoor track and field, and outdoor track and field in the spring term.

The Division I Competition Oversight Committee will continue to evaluate the issue.
                            So maybe it's not a done deal after all.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...onships-spring

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                              I based my recent posts on 3rd party news reports of what the NCAA did. I just took a look at the NCAA news release itself and it says:

So maybe it's not a done deal after all.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...onships-spring

the important part is that they're planning on having a championships; sorting out the deckchairs can come later

Comment

• Seems like the best idea would be to ditch the indoor season, run XC during that time, then proceed with a proper outdoor season. Indoor anything reeks of danger to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X