Sub-4:00 attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub-4:00 attempt

Help me out here. Saturday’s high school attempt at a sub-4:00 is supposed to be streamed at 10 PM CST. What the heck is CST?

what time zone would you say Chicago is in?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      what time zone would you say chicago is in?
      cdt
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Its CDT now in Chicago.....CST is Central Standard Time...so yes rather confusing...

Comment

what time zone would you say Chicago is in?
          Right, I get that. But it’s CDT now, not CST.

Comment

That's odd - for some reason I can't post upper case letters consecutively here.
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Milesplit is based in Austin, Central Time Zone.

Comment

Austin is CDT now....rather idiotic...who knows when it is...

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                  Right, I get that. But it’s CDT now, not CST.
                  After a check of timeanddate.com, I believe that only within certain parts of Saskatchewan is Central Standard Time currently being observed. Everywhere else in US/Canada Central Time Zone is on Central Daylight Time.

Comment

There is a technicality that almost nobody knows about and probably has no real meaning, The federal law provides that during a specified period of time, standard time shall be advanced one hour. So in one sense, Daylight time IS Standard time during that period (which of course includes the summer months).

I don't know for sure what time this race will actually be held--I assume it's at what we all call 10pm CDT.

Comment

Before we lose the plot...CDT and CST are two entirely different things....and least in Chicago....and the Midwest where the clocks change....where is the race anyways? Though I have to admit I've lost interest at this point...

Comment

CST or CDT, I just assumed most understand both as whatever the current Central Time it is. I would guess many (most?) Americans don't know why there are different acronyms and why clocks change through the year anyway.

The race is happening in California. The details seem a bit loose and not solid on safety etc. But I guess its happening.

Here are the background details on the race: https://www.milesplit.com/articles/280010

And the Meet info page:https://www.milesplit.com/articles/2...e-on-milesplit

Comment

Cruz Culpepper should be running. I wonder why he’s not?

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                            ....where is the race anyways? ...

other than noting it's in California, organizers have kept the site secret to avoid an unhealthy crush of people showing up

Comment

other than noting it's in California, organizers have kept the site secret to avoid an unhealthy crush of people showing up
                              So we're all agreed that it's at 11pm ET tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                              X