2. Men's Garden Challenge
    3. Women's Garden (sic) Challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      My new World Rankings

1. This race
      2. Men's Garden Challenge
      3. Women's Garden (sic) Challenge
      Not bad for a HS race. 5 of the top 6 mile times in the world this year........

Comment

Sorry, but I was appalled by the blatant lack of social distancing in situations where social distancing was possible. What's the point of having a staggard start in a mile race if they're going to have the runners pose for a group photo standing shoulder to shoulder before the race, and then allow the runners to hug each other after the race? This is not acceptable behavior in El Dorado County, where the race was held, nor anywhere else right now. They called it the Quarantine Mile. I call that hypocrisy.

Comment

given it's FAT, will T&FN recognize this mark (as opposed to the many other fast time trials happening now that are hand-timed)?

curious to hear the answer on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by popeye doyle View Post
            given it's FAT, will T&FN recognize this mark (as opposed to the many other fast time trials happening now that are hand-timed)?

Shouldn't a larger consideration be whether USATF or NFHS sanctioned the event?
            Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

....and now that the race has been run, let's spend some time figuring out why it shouldn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                What's the point of having a staggard* start
                My new favorite word!! (*original meaning: a male red deer in its fourth year)

great depth, esp. under the circumstances.

2. Cole Sprout,4:02.42.
                3. Thomas Boyden 4:04.50.
                4. Easton Allred 4:05.67
                5. John Lester, 4:08.90.
                6. Alex Harbertson 4:16.93
                7. Mark Boyle 4:16.98
                8. Ajani Salcido 4:17.33
                Last edited by Atticus; 05-24-2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                  ....and now that the race has been run, let's spend some time figuring out why it shouldn't count.
                  Indeed...how to promote the sport...it didn't count because of paperwork...

Comment

Another potential issue. I didn't see any umpires, and I saw at least one runner with a clear lane violation on the first turn (which was run in lanes). I didn't see the athlete's bib number and I haven't gone back to look at it again.

Comment

Horrors! A lane violation in the first turn of a mile.

Comment

Nice to see fast people running fast against each other. I’ve missed that. Now for some meaningless speculation. Which of these guys is most likely to have an impact in the NCAA for the next four years?

it would be fun to see who gets the most NCAA finals appearances over the next four years and in which events.

Comment

I just hope there are NCAAs in the next 4 years....thinking beyond that is just too weird...

Comment

Originally posted by popeye doyle View Post

timing system has nothing to do with it.

but no, we're not viewing this as a time trial

Comment

Originally posted by Master403 View Post

Shouldn't a larger consideration be whether USATF or NFHS sanctioned the event?
                              if we worried about alphabet-soup sanctions, many marks would lose their status

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                                Another potential issue. I didn't see any umpires, and I saw at least one runner with a clear lane violation on the first turn (which was run in lanes). I didn't see the athlete's bib number and I haven't gone back to look at it again.
                                the day we require that HS competitions have international-class rules is the day that the bulk of regular-season marks are consigned to the dustbin.

Comment

Working...
                                X