X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelli!!!!!!!!

Great double for Kelli White... YES!!

Re: Kelli!!!!!!!!

Yesssss! So far she and Pappas are USA MVPs.

Comment

>Yesssss! So far she and Pappas are USA MVPs.

Great job, Kelli! You are the woman!

Comment

Oh, and need I mention what Kelli and Tom have in common!!! ;-)

Comment

Kelli was a Vol?

She won the 200 by a lot. I think she wins in Athens next year in the deuce, Marion or not.

Comment

Yeah, she was a Lady Vol. I don't believe she ever won the SEC. Now she's the fastest woman in the world.

Hard to believe. What does everybody attribute this sudden success to?

Comment

Getting rid of coach Dolittle!

Comment

I had issues with Dorothy Doolittle, too. And then this fiasco with Myrtle Ferguson was embarrassing.

I think we're in excellent shape now with JJ Clark. I've been very impressed with him so far. The Clark family has been great for Tennessee with Joetta and now JJ.

Comment

>Yeah, she was a Lady Vol. I don't believe she
                  >ever won the SEC. Now she's the fastest woman in
                  >the world.

Hard to believe. What does
                  >everybody attribute this sudden success to?

also how about torrie edwards, , she was not even the best 100 meter runner on her college team (angela williams was) now she is # 2 and 3 in the world in the 100 and 200 respectively.

Comment

nice to see 1-2 in the 100 and 1-3 in the 200. the french crowd fell silent after failing to medal in both races. thus far the women's sprinters 100 to 400 have outdone the men unless there are some fireworks in the men's 200 tomorrow.

Comment

Don't bet on it. Why are you yanks quick to write of Marion Jones?
                      I'll bet my last cent that Jones will return with a bang next year and sweep both sprints ie 100 and 200. Wanna bet that she will go under 10.7 for the 100 and 21.8 for the 200 as the Athens track is very fast. Ask Maurice Greene and Ato Boldon.

Comment

Yeah, but Marion hasn't competed this year. No one's writing off Ms. Jones; it's just there's a new sheriff in town this year and her name is Kelli White.

Much as I like Marion Jones and wished she competed in Paris, you can't ignore a 100/200 double. Kelli White achieved something that Marion Jones hasn't done during the World Championships.

Comment

True Marion has not done the sprint double in a world championships, but is it not the same thing that happened 4 years ago when Inger Miller "appeared" on the scene and became the star of the Seville world championships, winning silver in the 100m and gold in the 200m(incidentally in faster times than Keli)?
                          What happened the next year? She was nowhere to be seen when Marion was winning the "more important" sprint double in Sydney. I still maintain that Jones will whip the backside of White when they meet next year in the US Oly trials and at the Games itself

Comment

>Yeah, but Marion hasn't competed this year. No
                            >one's writing off Ms. Jones; it's just there's a
                            >new sheriff in town this year and her name is
                            >Kelli White.

Much as I like Marion Jones and
                            >wished she competed in Paris, you can't ignore a
                            >100/200 double. Kelli White achieved something
                            >that Marion Jones hasn't done during the World
                            >Championships.

True Marion has not done the sprint double in a world championships, but is it not the same thing that happened 4 years ago when Inger Miller "appeared" on the scene and became the star of the Seville world championships, winning silver in the 100m and gold in the 200m(incidentally in faster times than Keli)?
                            What happened the next year? She was nowhere to be seen when Marion was winning the "more important" sprint double in Sydney. I still maintain that Jones will whip the backside of White when they meet next year in the US Oly trials and at the Games itself

Comment

Next year is next year. We shall see. One thing though, it'll be exciting to see what both Marion and Kelli will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X