Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Language matters. Unless we have TWO Drake Relays next year, this year's is canceled
    if you take the time to read their actual release cited, you'll note that their verbiage is that the 111th Drake Relays is postponed. Language matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
      if you take the time to read their actual release cited, you'll note that their verbiage is that the 111th Drake Relays is postponed. Language matters.
      Uncle!
      I am sad to report I DID read it, but it didn't dawn on me to interpret it that way, which, of course, is how they meant it.
      I think it would have been better just to say, 'this year's Relays, already postponed once, are now canceled.' But that's just me.

Comment

• i agree

Comment

• Atticus 1 gh 1 ( tie )

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

Yes that makes sense....

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
              Atticus 1 gh 1 ( tie )
              I'm pretty sure I lost that one, but I did catch gh's mistake on his New Yorker cartoon captioning misread (tho tandfman beat to the post) !

Comment

• video from the Clermont meets today and tomorrow available to stream.... if you're willing to pay, that is:

https://www.usatf.tv/gprofile.php?mg...ideo_id=299050

Comment

• what happened to the supposed meet yesterday at AP ranch, found a results page full of nts

Comment

• Originally posted by meatball View Post
                    what happened to the supposed meet yesterday at AP ranch, found a results page full of nts
                    A couple people ran pretty quick.

Comment

• 11.03 for Miller-Uibo in the 100 heats at Clermont, with a legal wind (1.9)

9.97 for De Grasse in the heats (1.9)

and wait for it.... 9.90 for Bromell! (1.4) ahead of Lyles (10.04)
                      Last edited by gm; 07-24-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                        and wait for it.... 9.90 for Bromell! (1.4)
                        Bromell is REALLY back now! His 3rd fastest 100m time ever.

Comment

• In the "final" Miller-Uibo went 10.98 (1.4), so sub-11, sub-22, sub-49

Lyles beat De Grasse in the men's final, 9.93w-9.97w (2.3)
                          Last edited by gm; 07-25-2020, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                            In the "final" Miller-Uibo went 10.98 (1.4), so sub-11, sub-22, sub-49
                            Just the 4th woman to do so along with Koch, Perec, and Brisco-Hooks

Also moves her from 10th to I think 4th on the all time combo sprinters list.
                            Last edited by ATK; 07-25-2020, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                              Bromell is REALLY back now! His 3rd fastest 100m time ever.
                              If we ever actually have either Olympic trials or US Nationals, making the US 100 team is going to be an amazing fight.

Comment

• She moves to 4th on the list of combo sprinters (behind Koch, Flojo, and Marion Jones). She's 3rd if you go with non-altitude marks only (Jones would drop to 7th).

Comment

Working...
                                X