Clear All

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    ?
    https://live.athletictiming.net/meets/6191
    Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

• The distance runners version of the Texas AP ranch sprinter's meet

Comment

• The question mark was because of the times. Centro 3:08 for 800? etc. Am I missing something?

Comment

The question mark was because of the times. Centro 3:08 for 800? etc. Am I missing something?
          Similar to the sprinters we saw in Texas 2 weeks ago all running super slow races just to meet Nike contractual obligations, this was basically the same thing. They all just jogged to keep their contracts.

Comment

The question mark was because of the times. Centro 3:08 for 800? etc. Am I missing something?
            In the results under my post was this note:

Reigning Olympic 1500m gold medalist Matthew Centrowitz ran in a series of three low-key races (400m, 600m, 800m), ostensibly to fulfill contract obligations to log enough races for the year. None of his marks were significant --Ed.

Comment

• I saw that comment but figured, even if it was to fulfill contractual obligations, his 800 time would have been like 2:30 or 2:20 or...whatever. Didn't know he could run as slow as 3:08 for 800. Figured he'd fall over or something.

Comment

Hey, don't scoff. He ran negative splits.
                Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

• Originally posted by Master403 View Post

Hey, don't scoff. He ran negative splits.
                  Proves again he does well in the tactical races.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

In the results under my post was this note:

Reigning Olympic 1500m gold medalist Matthew Centrowitz ran in a series of three low-key races (400m, 600m, 800m), ostensibly to fulfill contract obligations to log enough races for the year. None of his marks were significant --Ed.
                    Anyone know the back-story on the “contract obligations to log enough races?”

One would think that with a pandemic shutdown, the athlete’s management would be in communication with the sponsor about a waiver of such obligations during this extraordinary circumstance.

The fact that we are seeing these “meet conditions” workouts with multiple races being run at nothing close to “race pace” means one of two things:
                    • Either the request for a waiver of the contractual obligation to run a specific minimum number of races was rejected by the sponsor;
                    • Or there was no discussion about waiving the requirement and the athlete’s management unilaterally incurred the cost of the setting up these “meets” to protect the right to compensation that the sponsor may have concluded would not be owed in a year that the sport was shut down.
                    Maybe there is another scenario, but either of these would indicate a contract dispute that is never good for our elite athletes.

Comment

• The 3rd Prairie View A&M meet is under way. Results are at jwtiming.com.

Michael Cherry and Courtney Okolo looked pretty good winning the 400s.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                        The 3rd Prairie View A&M meet is under way.
                        Isn't it . . . interesting . . . that the top US meets this year are in places like Prairie View, Marietta, AP Ranch, Clermont and Portland?

Comment

• 10.09 for Cravon Gillespie has been the highlight thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Isn't it . . . interesting . . . that the top US meets this year are in places like Prairie View, Marietta, AP Ranch, Clermont and Portland?
                            training groups go where they can in this difficult year

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                              training groups go where they can in this difficult year
                              I'm already feeling an out-of-body experience, looking back at this year from 10 years hence and thinking WTF? . . . or is this just a preview of coming attractions?

Comment

• What's wrong with Portland?

Comment

Working...
                                X