Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 U.S. summer news

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by beebee View Post
    Coleman, Gatlin, Norman, Lyles can break the WR in the 4x100...
    Btw two years ago I suggested this quartet in the 4x100 and was slammed for including Norman by multiple commenters here : )
    I was one of the people who questioned that. I was wrong. You were right.

    I really want to see Gatlin get one last hurrah.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by gm View Post
      Do you have any knowledge of that specific track facility or the officials? If so, please share.
      Nobody outside of their training group has knowledge of that facility and the officials. That's the problem.

      I disregard times and distances at these rinky-dink meets where only members of one training group are competing, at a facility that's rarely or never used for elite meets. Unless it's a world or American record which has survived at least the initial stages of the ratification process.

      If Lyles had run 19.33, the time would have stood. The 185m was discovered only because 18.91 forced the record ratification procedures to happen. They likely didn't do such double-checking for 9.86 because it's not a world or American record.

      Comment


      • #78
        The problem is after Lyles 185m nonsense, any great performance is now going to be questioned. And I think with both Norman and Benjamin running so fast, it makes you doubt it further. However, it did sound much more windy than the results show, so I'm plumping for a correctly measured distance but not an accurate wind reading.

        Now, on the other hand, you don't run 19.7 over 200m unless you are VERY fast, so I can believe Norman has the ability to run 9.86. Plus, I have a massive crush on him, so he gets a pass from me 😍 . A 400m hurdler running 10.03 is the crazy one, even though he has run 19.99 over 200m.

        Let's see them replicate those times elsewhere.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
          Nobody outside of their training group has knowledge of that facility and the officials. That's the problem.
          I disregard times and distances at these rinky-dink meets where only members of one training group are competing, at a facility that's rarely or never used for elite meets.
          Not sure if you saw the results, but a whole host of professionals from a bunch of different groups across the country competed. Norman, Benjamin, Muhammad, Richardson, Gatlin, Harrison, Baker etc. Not saying it makes it more legit, just clarifying it wasn't only athletes from Norman's training group from LA.

          Comment


          • #80
            Better angle video of Norman from start to finish.

            https://www.instagram.com/p/CC4SF7HjZTg/

            Comment


            • #81
              This looked to be the breakdown of Norman's day:

              10:32am - 60m in 7.96
              11:11am - 100m in 9.86
              11:31am - 150m in 18.89
              12:13pm - 300m in 44.90

              And the overall schedule and some of the other results from athletes makes it seem like this was just a glorified "workout" meet for some of the countries best sprinters and hurdlers.

              Last edited by ATK; 07-21-2020, 11:27 AM.

              Comment


              • #82
                Apparently, some runners did multiple events in order to fulfill Nike contract requirements. Justin Gatlin and Briana Williams each ran five races.

                https://www.sportsmax.tv/index.php/o...contract-value

                Comment


                • #83
                  In the mix, Brianna McNeal seems to have broke the world best in the 150m with 16.41 run on a bend. Previous was Ottey 16.46 from 1989

                  http://ntxtiming.com/Track_Meets/202...s/150Dash.html

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    In the mix, Brianna McNeal seems to have broke the world best in the 150m with 16.41 run on a bend. Previous was Ottey 16.46 from 1989

                    http://ntxtiming.com/Track_Meets/202...s/150Dash.html
                    I wonder if we also need to see what spikes they were wearing?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by gm View Post

                      Do you have any knowledge of that specific track facility or the officials? If so, please share.
                      I would actually like to know where this meet was held.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by donley2 View Post

                        I would actually like to know where this meet was held.
                        I believe these folks hosted:

                        https://apranch.org/sports-academy-program/

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by gh View Post

                          I believe these folks hosted:

                          https://apranch.org/sports-academy-program/
                          I guess, but if you look on google maps there is not a full 100 meters worth of track at that facility.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by donley2 View Post

                            I guess, but if you look on google maps there is not a full 100 meters worth of track at that facility.
                            yet the Instagram video posted here yesterday clearly shows a full-sized oval; mapping perhaps a year or three out of date?

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by gh View Post

                              yet the Instagram video posted here yesterday clearly shows a full-sized oval; mapping perhaps a year or three out of date?
                              Heck, with it, I may have to drive by there this weekend.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                given that they also ran 150s, must be something longer than 100m there, unless they did a 180-degree turn :-)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X