Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by br View Post
    Well, Norman is entered in the 100m tomorrow and, just like on Monday, he (and just about everyone else) is entered in 5 events, LJ, 60m, 100m, 200m, 300m and 400m.
    These guys are scheduled to run
    Webb, Norman, RaiB, DRoberts, LMerritt, CGillespie, Gatlin, ABrown, RBaker, KBednarek and more!

Women
    Richardson, DBryant, EGardner, McNeal, DMuhammad, PFrancis, KCarter and more!

Comment

• Imagine seeing these start lists last week Friday. Sure it would be questionable why people are running multiple events, but the names alone would break the T&F internet (or at least get its own thread here!)

But all we'll get is LaShawn Merritt jogging 53 in the 300m. Maybe a few will try and run fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by donley2 View Post

Heck, with it, I may have to drive by there this weekend.
        Drove by the Fort Worth AP Ranch track last night. Now that I know exactly where it is you can actually see the site of the track as being in construction on google maps. Plan to see if they will let me watch today for a bit if possible.
        Last edited by donley2; 07-23-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Drake Relays finally postponed to '21 (release on home page)

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post

Wow! Someone here said they were wrong and the other guy was right? You get the Ghandi award or something, for honesty, humility and virtue!
            I’ll be here all week, and next week, and the week after.....

I still hope Gatlin is able to make the team and get one last hurrah. That said, Norman is THE complete sprinter.

Comment

• The results I posted yesterday, while accurate in some respects, were very misleading. The results page did not clearly reflect the fact that there were two sections of the W1500, and Shelby Houlihan was the pacesetter for BOTH races. Her splits on the results page were apparently from the slower of the two races. In the fast race, she pulled out and stopped after setting the race up perfectly. Schweizer, Quigley and Cranny also finished that race. The pacing was virtually perfect, BTW. The first race shown was interrupted a couple of times for commercials (on YouTube).

The men's race was just one heat, nine runners, Lomong pacing. Ahmed, Marc Scott and Grant Fisher all set PBs.

The 2nd women's race was also paced by Houlihan, with Gwen Jorgensen, Marielle Hall, and Courtney Frerichs; this time, Houlihan finished, 4:15.03.
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank

Comment

• Jerry S (coach) tends to run a pretty tight ship with a pretty even keel

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                  Drake Relays finally postponed to '21 (release on home page)
                  Postponed? Isn't that just called a cancellation?

Comment

• Originally posted by donley2 View Post

Drove by the Fort Worth AP Ranch track last night. Now that I know exactly where it is you can actually see the site of the track as being in construction on google maps. Plan to see if they will let me watch today for a bit if possible.
                    Where in Fort Worth, my favorite ex-residence?

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

Where in Fort Worth, my favorite ex-residence?
                      Southwest part of Tarrant County. Down west of Benbrook. Not actually in the city limits but there are areas Fort Worth has annexed over time both north and south of the Athletic Performance Ranch. You can find it on google maps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Postponed? Isn't that just called a cancellation?
                        Mr. Downer!

Comment

• FloTrack reports that Gabriela Debues-Stafford, Canadian record holder in the 1500, Mile and 5000, has joined the Bowerman Track Club to be coached by Jerry Schumacher. She won't be moving to Portland until the fall. She has been training in Scotland with Laura Muir and Jemma Reekie under Andy Young, and made remarkable improvement last year, improving her 1500 PB no fewer than six times, three of them NRs, plus NRs indoors and out in the Mile and the 5000. This winter, she set indoor PBs in the 800, 1500 and Mile (same race), the latter two also NRs. Before Doha last year, she competed in the Olympics, two world indoors, a world cross and athletics U20 championships without much success. In Doha, she finished 2nd in heat and semi, then ran 6th in the final in 3:56.12.
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank
                          Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                            Mr. Downer!
                            Language matters. Unless we have TWO Drake Relays next year, this year's is canceled

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Language matters. Unless we have TWO Drake Relays next year, this year's is canceled
                              I agree. The 2020 Drake relays have been canceled. Non-annual events like the Olympics, World Champs and Ryder Cup can be postponed to another year.

Comment

Working...
                              X