Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great HS PVer story

Not that I know the whole story, but Tyler Carrel, a senior at Urbana HS (Illinois), won the Illinois Meet of Champions today with a clearance of 15-11.

He was the State Champion as a freshman in 2017 with a jump of 15-10 and then got mono . . . for a long time.
    He jumped one time indoors in 2018, 12-10.
    He jumped twice indoors in 2020, 14-6 and 15-5.75.
    He had not jumped outdoors since his freshman year till today.
    He passed to 15-11 (would be a PR), made it on his first try (!) and missed thrice at 16-7.

Ya gotta love his perseverance!

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Not that I know the whole story, but Tyler Carrel, a senior at Urbana HS (Illinois), won the Illinois Meet of Champions today with a clearance of 15-11.

He was the State Champion as a freshman in 2017 with a jump of 15-10 and then got mono . . . for a long time.
    He jumped one time indoors in 2018, 12-10.
    He jumped twice indoors in 2020, 14-6 and 15-5.75.
    He had not jumped outdoors since his freshman year till today.
    He passed to 15-11 (would be a PR), made it on his first try (!) and missed thrice at 16-7.

Ya gotta love his perseverance!
    Yep. Would a university be interested in him? I assume that for a D1 school, this would not be an obvious pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Yep. Would a university be interested in him? I assume that for a D1 school, this would not be an obvious pick.
      His dad works for Gill Athletics and knows all the college coaches. The pandemic obviously threw a wrench in things. I think a gap year is one of the things being considered, which would make a lot of sense, IMO.

Comment

Here is a good article about Tyler from last year: https://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...754aff108.html

Comment

Working...
        X