Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA D2 and D3 Fall Championships Cancelled

Haven't seen it posted in other threads so thought I'd share the article from ESPN. If it's already somewhere mods can delete.
    https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ships-canceled

D1 getting close to canceling. The Power 5 peeps are talking. One comment from the CNN article:

Aside from football, the other fall collegiate sports include men's and women's soccer, field hockey, and women's volleyball.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachPartridge View Post
      Haven't seen it posted in other threads so thought I'd share the article from ESPN. If it's already somewhere mods can delete.
      https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ships-canceled
      I suspect it's buried somewhere in the long "championships" thread in the Things Not Track forum. The article was posted to our front-page headlines last week.

Comment

D1 getting close to cancelling

Comment

Yeah I saw they are at 45% right now.. Thankfully Big 12, SEC, and ACC are holding strong.. But still many conferences out there so chances are they'll hit the 50%.

Comment

Thankfully Big 12, SEC, and ACC are holding strong.
            Even if they start holding games, there will be stoppages as team cases break out again.

Comment

So apparently the Big East and Big South conferences both announced plans to postpone fall athletics. That should raise the number of eligible teams who have cancelled to over 50% which supposedly is the threshold for the NCAA to cancel National Championships. Haven't heard anything officially from them regarding it though.

Comment

So apparently the Big East and Big South conferences both announced plans to postpone fall athletics. That should raise the number of eligible teams who have cancelled to over 50% which supposedly is the threshold for the NCAA to cancel National Championships. Haven't heard anything officially from them regarding it though.
                https://www.ncaa.com/live-updates/nc...tes-all-sports
                It's official now. No D1 champs.

Comment

Any chance a major sponsor puts together an end of the season race featuring the best schools d1-d3 who are still competing this fall? That would be exciting to see.. I was really looking forward to nationals in Stillwater.
                  Last edited by CoachPartridge; 08-14-2020, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Any chance a major sponsor puts together an end of the season race featuring the best schools d1-d3 who are still competing this fall? That would be exciting to see.. I was really looking forward to a regional in Stillwater.
                    I couldn't imagine any sponsor touching that with a 12 foot pole...liability problems for something few will notice...

Comment

Dave Smith (Ok State HC) mentions in the video here that he still plans on having a competitive fall season and that they will run the championship distances on their course (which was scheduled to host the National Championships) on the day the race was originally scheduled. He said he's not sure if that will be by themselves or if they will have other schools in attendance. He believes they may be able to compete in 3-4 races and it possibly not count against their eligibility.
                      https://okstate.com/news/2020/8/14/m...UtSGIx801MSZIY

Comment

Working...
                      X