Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US TV for Monaco?

I saw a tweet that Eurosport is not showing this year's Wanda DL meets, having given up the rights after last year; this per Tim Hutchings. I sent e-mail a few weeks ago to NBC Sports Gold; they said they didn't know yet about this year's Monaco. They did show the Zurich and Oslo meets, and they are on the "Full Event Replays". I will ask them again; it's in a week.
    Hopefully,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

https://www.worldathletics.org/news/...us-precautions
    This article says nothing about TV coverage anywhere.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
      I sent e-mail a few weeks ago to NBC Sports Gold; they said they didn't know yet about this year's Monaco.
      They advertised the package as including the Diamond League, so they sure as hell better show it:

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/track-and-field

Comment

If there's no broadcast rights holder in your country then the world feed can be watched on the DL's YouTube channel. At least that was the case last year.

I know that's not really the point though if you've stumped up for NBC Gold with the expectation of being able to watch the DL.

Comment

They're listing the Monaco meet on NBC Gold right now as an event to be shown on the 14th.

Comment

It's on live (2-4 ET) on the NBC Sports Channel, which s great, but remind me again why I'm paying for NBC Gold, when there's so little else on the package, and I could have also gotten it free off the web.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              It's on live (2-4 ET) on the NBC Sports Channel, which s great, but remind me again why I'm paying for NBC Gold, when there's so little else on the package, and I could have also gotten it free off the web.
              in theory, at least, you can't get it off the web because US will be blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                in theory, at least, you can't get it off the web because US will be blocked.
                It's hard to have a compunction about using a VPN, when you can't even buy it in your own country, which is why I bought Gold for the DL, but use the VPN for so many other meets,

Comment

If you access to the Olympic Channel, you can watch a delayed broadcast of Monaco at 8:00 pm (ET) on Friday, 11:00 pm and 6:00 pm Saturday.

https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/li...3A00&provider=

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    according to article linked on front page Monaco is not being shown on NBC Sports Channel...only Olympic Channel and NBC Gold

Comment

Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
                      according to article linked on front page Monaco is not being shown on NBC Sports Channel...only Olympic Channel and NBC Gold
                      They moved it. On my DVR 'scheduled' page, it now has a TBA and it is indeed on the OC now.

Comment

I have YouTube TV and my library has the scheduled recording for the OC on Friday at 2pm.

Comment

If you don't like the U.S. setup, you could be stuck in Britain, where there will be no live DL coverage (TV or streaming) this year. Story now posted to home page.

Comment

That's amazing....definitely a bad sign. The European country where track is still fairly popular and can't even get a TV deal.

British viewers will be unable to watch Diamond League athletics live on television or online this year after athletics’ premier competition failed to secure a broadcasting deal.

Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-11-2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

I have one word for you, Ben, VPN.

Comment

Working...
                              X