Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Istaf Berlin Sept 13th

Start lists are up. Some good fields.https://www.istaf.de/en/startlisten/

Mondo, Warholm, Vetter, Mihambo. Enough said.

Comment

By summer 2020 standards there's some stacked Women's mid-D action ...

1500: Muir, Ennaoui, Weightman, Hull, Rowbury, Mageean, Courtney-Bryant, Bobocea
      3000SC: Chepkoech, Kiyeng, Mismas, Chepkurui, Burkhard, Gregson

I fully expect Laura Muir to win the 1500. Lots of those women though are looking to replace Sofia Ennaoui as the newest member of the sub-4 club.
      In the Steeple, Marusa Mismas (SLO) is set for a big breakthrough (from a 9:20 PB) - sub-9:10 perhaps if the pace is on? She ran 5:56 for the 2000SC recently and a 3s+ PB at 1500 (4:03). Also looking to the Brits, Lizzie Bird & Aimee Pratt, to see if either can challenge Barbara Parker's British Record, 9:24.24. Pratt has come down from 9:49 to 9:30 in the last 12 months (and by 8s just in the last fortnight). She's a gutsy runner.

There are better options for watching than on German TV (only 55 mins and often only shows the last laps of earlier distance races) - e.g., on TVP Sport (Poland), a 2 hour broadcast from 4.30pm local time. See my document at https://forum.athleticsweekly.com/fo...5263#post25263 for details.

Comment

Scratch that last bit! ... I see now that ARD (German TV) have added a 2 hour live stream from 4.30pm local time at https://www.sportschau.de/weitere/le...erlin-100.html

Comment

to pick a nit, even though the organizers have labeled that stuff as a "start list," it's an entry list. A start list has the final entries with lanes and competition order assigned.

Comment

The Oly Chnl has it live Sunday morn.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              to pick a nit, even though the organizers have labeled that stuff as a "start list," it's an entry list. A start list has the final entries with lanes and competition order assigned.
              They just put "Start lists" as a general header on the page, but you'll see inside the embedded document they do use "entry lists".
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                Lots of those women though are looking to replace Sofia Ennaoui as the newest member of the sub-4 club.
                I'm hoping Sofia can have another go at the NR. She missed it by less than half a second in Chorzów, and after that race, she ought to feel more confident about running at that sort of pace.

The forecast for tomorrow says 24 C and sunny. Very nice conditions by mid-Septermber standards, so I'm expecting some top-class results.
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

start lists now posted

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    The Oly Chnl has it live Sunday morn.
                    What time? My schedule shows UCI Road Cycling all day on the Oly Chnl. Looking online I can't find an accurate tv schedule.
                    Last edited by schigh; 09-13-2020, 01:57 AM.

Comment

The UCI Road Champs will be held later; they are doing the Tour now, with the Vuelta to follow in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by schigh View Post

What time? My schedule shows UCI Road Cycling all day on the Oly Chnl. Looking online I can't find an accurate tv schedule.
                        zap2it.com has a good online schedule. 9:30-11:30 am central time for Istaf.

Comment

Meet has started, but I am not finding a live results link. Anyone track one down?

Comment

Try here: https://www.istaf.de/en/live-ergebnisse/

Comment

CT out to 17.57WL on his final jump, snatches victory from Max Hess and the hopes of the locals for victory

Comment

Working...
                              X