• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome DL 2020

https://rome.diamondleague.com/en/pr...-results-rome/

WvNs first top level race since 2017

Warholm goes again
    Last edited by gh; 09-16-2020, 11:01 PM.

Originally posted by AldousZX View Post
    https://rome.diamondleague.com/en/pr...-results-rome/

WvNs first top level race since 2017

Warholm goes again
    In which event? I don't see him listed in the 400m or 100m. Warholm is listed in the 400m scheduled 10 minutes after the 400H! I don't see that happening unless they adjust the schedule for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Track&Field Fan View Post

In which event? I don't see him listed in the 400m or 100m. Warholm is listed in the 400m scheduled 10 minutes after the 400H! I don't see that happening unless they adjust the schedule for him.
      Yeah, van Niekerk was definitely listed in the 400 when I looked at the lists yesterday.

Comment

When I looked this morning, he was not on the list. I just looked again--still not there.

Comment

Looks like Wayde is a scratch. Pretty sure when I looked last night WvN was listed and Warholm wasn’t so you’re up on one down on another.

Comment

Originally posted by AldousZX View Post
            Looks like Wayde is a scratch. Pretty sure when I looked last night WvN was listed and Warholm wasn’t so you’re up on one down on another.
            But Warholm is still listed in the 400H and, as Track&Field Fan pointed out above, the two events are 10 minutes apart. I very much doubt that he'll be doubling.

Comment

Van Niekerk has been announced for the 400 at tomorrow's meeting in Bellinzona (SUI) - http://www.galadeicastelli.ch/wp-con...Stampa1409.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                Van Niekerk has been announced for the 400 at tomorrow's meeting in Bellinzona (SUI)
                LJ star Gayle will be there also.

Comment

Elaine Thompson making her first (I think) appearance overseas in the 100m here in Rome.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                    Van Niekerk has been announced for the 400 at tomorrow's meeting in Bellinzona (SUI) - http://www.galadeicastelli.ch/wp-con...Stampa1409.pdf
                    I'm so glad that he hasn't suffered yet another setback. I don't even care about the subpar field.

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    Elaine Thompson making her first (I think) appearance overseas in the 100m here in Rome.
                    What's the record for biggest margin of victory in a diamond league women's 100m? The way the event has been going on the circuit, I could see Thompson winning by 4 metres.

Comment

I could also see Thompson loosing by that margin too. These ladies have been living and training in Europe all season. Thompson has been at home locally in Jamaica, running in socially distant every-other lane races against no competition.

anything from 11.20 - 10.80 wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

It was a victory for van Niekerk with 45.58 in Bellinzona. Perhaps not super impressive, but still pretty good for his first 'serious' 400 in 3 years.
                        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

link to Rome provisional entry lists now posted to home page (no WVN in 400).

Comment

The women's 800 has taken on a different complexion in the last 24 hours.

Is Hedda Hynne now the favourite against Muir & Reekie? Also, overnight, Lore Hoffmann has gone from being the 8th fastest in the field to 2nd fastest!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                              link to Rome provisional entry lists now posted to home page (no WVN in 400).
                              Some drop-outs: Lisek (that fox! - linguistic pun), Russell (w400H), Montgomery and Warholm in 400 (duh), F Inge, Haratyk

I see that Nick Ponzio has been changed to Pontius. Musta sounded too much like Anzio (WW2 joke/allusion).
                              Mondo has been looking un-Mondoish lately - time for a rebound?
                              The mHJ will be a major data-point for any rankings with Ned, Prot, Tamb, and Gleb.
                              Kiplimo v JInge shoulda been a 5!
                              Bob ('s your uncle) will outshine the putative stars of the mSP!
                              The w800 is defo a big race now with Hoffman and Hynne joining Brit stars M & R,
                              ET will phone home a huge win.
                              Cisse has another shot at Rodgers, but both will prob be looking at Simbine's derriere.

On NBCS/G from 1:00-2:30 ET, which misses the w400H (Bol, ascendant). Maybe the Italiano chnl will have it earlier also.
                              Last edited by Atticus; 09-16-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X