Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post

then why are you apparently wasting your time by even following it?
    Heck, I heard a blurb on the radio (Times Radio) and saw several reprints of the AP story in area papers.

Comment

• Putting into a freaky sort of context, if Gerry Lindgren started 344 metres in front of Cheptegei, that is 6 miles to the finish line, and Lindgren then race his 6 mile WR of 27:11.6, IMO Gerry would still have been lapped.

​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        Great. Then on the logic let's just have the 100 metres and be done with it
        Running fast anaerobically is completely different than running fast aerobically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Running fast anaerobically is completely different than running fast aerobically.
          Ahh, but running is running.

Except when it is me and my stupid Huawei P30 and accompanying GPS watch that claims my sprinting is still walking.
          ​​​

Comment

• To repeat my mantra, just as there is no such thing as a GOAT in any one event or many, AOY is a personal subjective opinion. Why is there this compulsion to argue someone else's opinion?

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
              To repeat my mantra, just as there is no such thing as a GOAT in any one event or many, AOY is a personal subjective opinion. Why is there this compulsion to argue someone else's opinion?
              Come on lonewolf, what else are old farts with borderline dementia, and all the time in the world, going to do

Comment

Come on lonewolf, what else are old farts with borderline dementia, and all the time in the world, going to do
                I won't argue that either.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes I get tired of sitting on my front porch and yelling, "Git offa my lawn!" at all them whippersnappers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    Anyways as far as few caring....neither the NY Times or the Chicago Tribune had a word on the race. Neither did the RG but they did have an article that the Eugene Marathon is on next year.

The sport in a nutshell.
                    Does anyone get their athletic news from those sources anymore? If you have even a passing interest in running, Google and YouTube and all the others are happy to push tons of content your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill S View Post
                      Does anyone get their athletic news from those sources anymore? If you have even a passing interest in running, Google and YouTube and all the others are happy to push tons of content your way.
                      Indeed. For running/T&F, it's here or Letsrun; that's about it.

Comment

• Both Chep's world record got newspaper coverage in Australia, and Mondo's WR was shown on breakfast television...I was pleasantly surprised when non-track-geek friends (but folks who did some distance running in high school) were messaging links to the 10000 result yesterday ("100x15.7s 100m back-to-back")

Comment

Agreed. I know the conversation of where these races were covered comes up from time to time, but nothing has changed to make the sport more appealing to general fans. Especially with Bolt gone. And I highly doubt anyone one on these boards is pulling up the NYT for thier source or running news. The front page here is obviously more than sufficient along with some sources on social media.

Comment

Perfect!

Comment

What's particularly galling is that the N.Y. Times had a very nice article about Kipchoge the day before the London Marathon, including his philanthropic efforts, but nothing about the race itself.

Comment

• Getting back to Warholm . . . I just saw an Instagram asking whether he should run the 800. As with Jeremy Warner, I guess the logical response would be, 'Why? He seems to be doing so well in his day-job.'

Comment

Working...
                                X