Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cheptegei wins the HM title next weekend, he'll be my personal AOY. Under T&FN's criteria, not counting any road races other than the marathon, I'm not so sure. He ended the season with just two races that count. As great as both of them were, I don't know if that's enough.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
      If Cheptegei wins the HM title next weekend, he'll be my personal AOY. Under T&FN's criteria, not counting any road races other than the marathon, I'm not so sure. He ended the season with just two races that count. As great as both of them were, I don't know if that's enough.
      That's the problem isn't it Powell in that we are now in an era when even 100% of your "counted" racing only ends up with world records, and to make it worse 100% of your "TFN AOY non-counted" racing also end up as WRs.

Maybe we should hope that he only runs 2:01:40 then we at least will have a "failure" to be recorded against his name.
      Last edited by Tuariki; 10-10-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Well, I'm not in the T&FN fanboy camp that says anything 'the Bible' says is right, which is why I said what I did. Gdynia is not a great place to set WRs, that's why I said a win would be enough, especially if it's a decisive one.

Comment

Well, I'm not in the T&FN fanboy camp that says anything 'the Bible' says is right.
          T&FN does absolutely nothing. The editorial staff polls world experts who vote on the various categories. Your beef is with the world experts.

Comment

• Yeah, but they still set the criteria.

Comment

Well, I'm not in the T&FN fanboy camp that says anything 'the Bible' says is right….
              except on the 3 occasions where we named Włodarczyk the AOY (compared to IAAF's 0), right? :-)

Comment

• How does Cheptegei finishing 4th in the World Half affect his standing for AOY, if at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  How does Cheptegei finishing 4th in the World Half affect his standing for AOY, if at all?
                  in T&FN's AOY world it's irrelevant either way

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

in T&FN's AOY world it's irrelevant either way
                    So there will be an actual one this year? Assumed this was all for conversational purposes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

So there will be an actual one this year? Assumed this was all for conversational purposes.
                      I'm just clarifying that if one is tlking about T&FN AOY, any year, that off-track events are limited to the marathon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post

I'm curious why some of you are ranking Crouser ahead of Warholm. The only category I see Crouser out-performing Warholm in is total number of wins and volume of high-level marks, which I think are unfair comparisons given how many more marks a thrower is able to produce than a runner, especially if you're counting multiple marks within the same competition. This year Warholm produced 4 of the all-time top-10 performances (2nd, 8th, 9th, & =10th) in the 400h, while Crouser has "only" added 1 to the all-time top-10 (4th) in the shot put, though he's added 6 additional performances within the all-time top-20 (if you count ancillary throws). How does T&F News usually handle the differences in number-of-marks between different events, and the inclusion of multiple marks within a single competition for field eventers versus the single mark available to runners?
                        i think it is rather absurd to compare Crousers performances with what Warholm has achieved this year, but the choice does not surprise on this Forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

PVers, and to a lesser extent HJers, have always had an (unfair???) advantage in being able to set multiple WRs.
                          There was only one unfair advantage in WR setting this year and it certainly wasn't in the PV.
                          Last edited by Flumpy; 10-19-2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flumpy View Post

There was only one unfair advantage in WR setting this year and it certainly wasn't in the PV.
                            You are not addressing the issue. The issue is not about Mondo.

It would be like having a marker placed at the one hour WR, and as soon as the runner passed that marker, the runner would stop a couple of metres past the WR marker., so they could attempt another WR a couple of weeks later.
                            Last edited by Tuariki; 10-20-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flumpy View Post

And by the way which WR are talking about, and why
                              Last edited by Tuariki; 10-20-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Maybe referencing the wave light technology?...which it nothing more than a glorified electronic pacemaker

Comment

Working...
                                X