Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could...

If you Could get rid of one Decathlon event and replace it with another what would they be?

I'd have to go with getting rid of the Discus and replacing it with the TJ. Not sure what the Discus is actually measuring that JT and SP can't.

Nah. Too much horizontal jumping. Dec is fine as it is.

Comment

Instead of the 1500 let's do 1500m steeple chase.

Comment

I've long suggested making the steeplechase the first event of day 1, and let's see how everybody performs after starting with a true endurance test.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          I've long suggested making the steeplechase the first event of day 1, and let's see how everybody performs after starting with a true endurance test.
          OUCH! That would weed out quit a few people.

Comment

Spoken like someone who's not going to have to do a Dec.
            It's fine the way it is.

Comment

That would be cool. All in one heat too. A time limit like in cycling.

Comment

Unsurprisingly, I would dump the PV 🤣

Mile race walk to replace it.

Comment

Egg and spoon race.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Spoken like someone who's not going to have to do a Dec.
                    It's fine the way it is.
                    spoken like someone who when he was of an age completed multiple decathlons (and even have one trophy left to prove it!)

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      Nah. Too much horizontal jumping. Dec is fine as it is.
                      I agree with lonewolf.

Comment

The current set up has a balance of events (sprints/hurdles, throws, vertical jumps), with skill more important in some than others [especially the PV], least in the 1500, then 400, then 100.

The Hept suffers a bit from not having the balance and gets more speed athletes with "hops".

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                          The current set up has a balance of events (sprints/hurdles, throws, vertical jumps), with skill more important in some than others [especially the PV], least in the 1500, then 400, then 100.

The Hept suffers a bit from not having the balance and gets more speed athletes with "hops".
                          Curious about what they mean when the tables are skewed in favor of certain attributes. Why and how is this measured? And has there been other ways to score the event that is more balanced?

Comment

spoken like someone who when he was of an age completed multiple decathlons (and even have one trophy left to prove it!)
                            If I had had to run a 3000St to start the second day, I'm not so sure I would be alive today.
                            Last edited by Atticus; 09-24-2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

3000St bad idea. Would render the balance of competition meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                              X