Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LJ/TJ Takeoff Foul Rule.

Back to calling visual fouls and competent board judges. The 90-degree plasticine instead of 45 degree should take care of the toe override, although I don't know how you screed a 90-degree plasticine strip. Since the advent of the "eagle eye", I have actually seen timid board judges refer to the camera before making every call.

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    Back to calling visual fouls and competent board judges. The 90-degree plasticine instead of 45 degree should take care of the toe override, although I don't know how you screed a 90-degree plasticine strip. Since the advent of the "eagle eye", I have actually seen timid board judges refer to the camera before making every call.
    That's good, but I also didn't like that Belocian was thrown out of Doha, just on RT (.08ish), when the naked eye, even on video replay, could not detect it. That should be a yellow card, not a red.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      That's good, but I also didn't like that Belocian was thrown out of Doha, just on RT (.08ish), when the naked eye, even on video replay, could not detect it. That should be a yellow card, not a red.
      I did not see that incident. Difficult to completely eliminate "home cooking", if that is what it was.

Comment

Frankly I think multiple people were anticipating the gun. He was probably rightly thrown out.

Comment

well, there's a new scientific approach that WA should take: if a guy watching on TV 8000M away didn't see the false start it didn't happen!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            well, there's a new scientific approach that WA should take: if a guy watching on TV 8000M away didn't see the false start it didn't happen!
            Um . . . video replay is ALWAYS better than the naked eye, as we see all through sports. They showed the replay and even the announcers couldn't detect a FS in slo-mo. We already know that FS blocks detect movement unrelated to an actual start, so howbouts we let officials do their job, and allow them to overrule unseen fouls?
            Last edited by Atticus; 09-28-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

then we might as well get rid of FS blocks altogether and go back to the shit-show that relied on visual data

Comment

then we might as well get rid of FS blocks altogether and go back to the shit-show that relied on visual data
                Not at all. The FS blocks alert the officials that 'something' happened. It's up to them what to do with that info. Look at the replay and determine if they can see the foul, just as they do in football.
                The blocks should HELP the officials, not replace them.

Comment

replace hard technology with human frailty? no thanks.

Comment

I agree with Atticus. Technology is great but if slo-mo replay cannot detect a foul/false start, officials should be able to override an electronic niggle.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      I agree with Atticus. Technology is great but if slo-mo replay cannot detect a foul/false start, officials should be able to override an electronic niggle.
                      but we don't know that was the case in this instance; I was questioning the viability of somebody with a bad angle making a judgment call off a TV set/computer

Comment

Did anybody else scroll down far enough to see this?
                        Technical Rule 1 (was IAAF rule 100) – World Championships and Olympic Games no longer excluded from competitions where events may be held in an alternative format

I can't believe they would do that in the Oly/WC, but why this rule change?
                        Is it the thin end of a wedge?
                        No cheer,
                        Alan Shank
                        Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                          D.....
                          I can't believe they would do that in the Oly/WC, but why this rule change?
                          No cheer,
                          Alan Shank
                          Woodland, CA, USA
                          because they rightfully recognize that tthe sport is in trouble, and no matter how much hardcore fans might like the old ways, changes need to be made?

Comment

but we don't know that was the case in this instance; I was questioning the viability of somebody with a bad angle making a judgment call off a TV set/computer
                            Which is why you have OFFICIALS, who make that call.

Comment

Can anyone explain the "hairstyle interfering with the judge" rule or "athlete receiving physical assistance".

Comment

Working...
                              X