Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I have seen that and wondered, but never seen any documentation to verify it.
    I was told that by someone who is very knowledgeable in the technical details of T&F. But no, I don't have any 'official' sources to confirm it.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      Back to calling visual fouls and competent board judges. The 90-degree plasticine instead of 45 degree should take care of the toe override, although I don't know how you screed a 90-degree plasticine strip. Since the advent of the "eagle eye", I have actually seen timid board judges refer to the camera before making every call.
      OK, please forgive my ignorance. 1) How tall is the 90 degree plasticine thing? 2) Suppose you are 6 inches over on your takeoff. Doesn't that thing sticking up hit the arch of your foot as your foot comes down and maybe cause an injury? Or is the plasticine thing entirely made of plasticine and therefore soft?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Michaelson View Post

OK, please forgive my ignorance. 1) How tall is the 90-degree plasticine thing? 2) Suppose you are 6 inches over on your takeoff. Doesn't that thing sticking up hit the arch of your foot as your foot comes down and maybe cause an injury? Or is the plasticine thing entirely made of plasticine and therefore soft?
        Plasticine is a soft, putty-like substance screeded the length of the take off-board in a groove at a 45-degree angle to the height of the top surface of the plasticine tray. There is no danger to the foot. The vertical plane of the plastice simply reduces the likelihood of an upturned toe oveririding the foul line without touching the plasticine, as often happens. ,

Comment

Working...
        X