Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 London Marathon (Bekele out)

calf problem; story linked on home page
    Last edited by gh; 10-03-2020, 05:03 PM.

Arrrrgh! Was looking forward to him and Kipchoge battling it out.

Comment

Welp. I feel this was probably the last opportunity for a potentially fast match up between Kipchoge and Bekele. I think the window of opportunity has closed.

Comment

Even after the organizers went through the headache of flying he and Kipchoge into London via private jet and paying the pacesetter (Mo Farah) £300,000

Comment

What a bummer!

By the way, Mo Farah wasn't going to be pacing the lead group. Instead, he's pacing a British group trying to get the Olympic standard.

Comment

That is the problem with show casing marathon as a crown jewel of T&F. Most great athletes can run two good races a year and things can go wrong. Now you have to say what if. These two guys are old (athletic wise) and may never come to their best shapes again. I am crossing my finger for 2021? Tokyo.

Comment

Who are the other top guys in this race?

Comment

There's always some 11th hour drop-out from "classic" match-ups--either on the roads or on the track or field!
                I won't even begin to list them---but examples can be found over the past several decades!1

Bottom line, however, is (for me, at least!)---Are these last minute "niggles" or "stomach aches" or "food poisoning" or whatever REALLY that----or is it the old child's excuse to stay home from school?/

Just saying---with absolutely NO disrespect to Bekele!!

Comment

Originally posted by GHM View Post
                  That is the problem with show casing marathon as a crown jewel of T&F. Most great athletes can run two good races a year and things can go wrong. Now you have to say what if. These two guys are old (athletic wise) and may never come to their best shapes again. I am crossing my finger for 2021? Tokyo.
                  Right should just ignore the one event the general public even barely pays attention to.

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
                    Arrrrgh! Was looking forward to him and Kipchoge battling it out.
                    Same here. How many more good races does Bekele have left in his legs? I certainly hope he has another one or more.

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
                      Who are the other top guys in this race?
                      Entry lists at https://www.virginmoneylondonmaratho...lds/index.html

Comment

Of course he is. I can't believe how close he was to holding WR for 5, 10 and Mar.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                          Thanks!

Who wants to go for Geremew as the upset?

Comment

NBC Gold's stream starts at 23:00 Saturday night.

Comment

That's Pacific time--2:00 Sunday Eastern.

Comment

Working...
                              X