Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naser escapes ban [..... or?]

According to The Guardian, Salwa Eid Naser has escaped a ban due to a doorbell excuse...
    Last edited by gh; 11-12-2020, 10:52 PM.

Seems better than a "doorbell excuse."

From Yahoo: https://sports.yahoo.com/salwa-eid-n...115958110.html
    A World Athletics tribunal dismissed a missed drug test after the tester knocked on a storage unit door rather than her apartment in confusion of her location.
    A doping-control officer who came to test her that morning was thrown off by “extremely confusing” numbering on the building doors. Her address was also incorrect in the system, according to the tribunal’s report.
    Yet another reason why they should call if the athlete doesn't answer the door.

But Naser's earlier statement about missing 3 tests being "normal" is nevertheless disturbing.

Comment

So is her 48.14 restored?
      Does she get Doha Gold?

Comment

The Athletics Integrity Unit posted this on Twitter. There's supposedly a link to the decision, but that doesn't seem to work.

https://twitter.com/aiu_athletics/st...99792440446979

Comment

Here's a working link to a PDF of the decision:
          https://www.athleticsintegrity.org/d...l-Decision.pdf
          Last edited by 18.99s; 10-20-2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Lasitskene tells TASS she's outraged by the decision. Link on home page

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
              Here's a working link to a PDF of the decision:
              https://www.athleticsintegrity.org/d...l-Decision.pdf
              Very strange. I had the same problem with that pdf file that I had had when I tried to open it from the AIU site. Same error message. Then I tried switching browsers, and that worked. I could open it in Chrome, but not in Edge.

Comment

perhaps apropos of nothing, but note that the news of Naser's original ban was about a week before Christian Coleman's latest bump, so perhaps resolution on his case is also near (although I suppose the number/quality of law dudes involved could be a big part of any process)

Comment

I thought she ended up with four missed tests - am I misremembering? In which case, surely that would get her the ban still?

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
                    I thought she ended up with four missed tests - am I misremembering? In which case, surely that would get her the ban still?
                    the story in the second post says that the "fourth" test was more than a year after the first one, so the clock had started over.

Comment

The rules allow 4 misses in 12.1 months without getting a ban, if the last two misses are just barely more than 12 months after the first two.

That's not good. 4 misses over 18 months should also trigger a ban (which wouldn't affect Naser in this particular case, because one of the 4 was thrown out; I'm more speaking to the general principle of it).

Comment

So no one's directly answered my questions--
                        Is her 48.14 now valid?
                        Will she get the Gold from Doha, with Miler-Uibo relegated to Silver?

Also, what about the World Rankings?
                        I imagine she now is given a place there, right?

Comment

The rules allow 4 misses in 12.1 months without getting a ban, if the last two misses are just barely more than 12 months after the first two.

That's not good. 4 misses over 18 months should also trigger a ban (which wouldn't affect Naser in this particular case, because one of the 4 was thrown out; I'm more speaking to the general principle of it).
                          They should cut down on the number of misses permitted and also use cellphones as a use to locate. I can ask my kids when they were 12 "I can't find you where are you" and have them pop up inside a minute but these adults can't handle this?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                            So no one's directly answered my questions--
                            Is her 48.14 now valid?
                            Will she get the Gold from Doha, with Miler-Uibo relegated to Silver?

Also, what about the World Rankings?
                            I imagine she now is given a place there, right?
                            since she was never formally "convicted" of anything, her 48.14 never ceased to be valid, and there was no move to change her Doha medal status.

Comment

I pretty much agree, as well as with your original comment on her note about 3 misses being normal. I mean she just seemed a bit overly careless and I even question the process here. What was the explanation as to why was she allowed to run in Doha with 3 missed tests under investigation? (the hearing was 3 days after the 400m final)

Comment

Working...
                              X