X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    To state the fairly obvious, so no one has to look it up, they run the 55m dash/hurdles at Dordt's facility.
    Must not be obvious to the folks who produced their "official" results and listed it as 60m 😀

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    To state the fairly obvious, so no one has to look it up, they run the 55m dash/hurdles at Dordt's facility.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post

How did you gloss over the 6.43 in the m60 at Dordt? 🤣
    https://www.tfrrs.org/results/66096/m/Dordt_Triangular/
    You trust TFRSS??
    Remember that gal a few years ago who LJ'ed "21-6" something---but had never gotten past 19-0--then was found out!
    That "21-6": was as false as, well, maybe this "6.43"!!

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    How did you gloss over the 6.43
    Whatevs. Dordt is notoriously downhill, wind-aided!

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Well, sumpin's hapnin!

How did you gloss over the 6.43 in the m60 at Dordt? 🤣
    https://www.tfrrs.org/results/66096/m/Dordt_Triangular/

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Well, sumpin's hapnin!

Originally posted by trackinsun
    Sioux Center -IA- (United States), 21.11.2020
    INDOOR
    Women
    60m Emma Baker 7.58

Fort Wayne -IN- (United States), 19-20.11.2020 -Turnstone Classic-
    INDOOR
    Men
    60m Zayquan Lincoln 6.82
    3.000m Adrien Gentie (fra) 8:28.41
    LJ Jordan Downs 7.54

Leave a comment:

• J Rorick
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    As of right now, the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Champs are scheduled to happen. I am skeptical that they will.

I think it is really really hard to safely have a full indoor T&F meet safely when COVID is just exploding everywhere. All of these college kids going home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, with rates sky high everywhere, is just going to explode the situation on college campuses.

On the flip side, I am optimistic that we could safely have an NCAA Outdoor season, with a lot of precautions taken.

I think spending money on indoor track is flushing it down the toilet, and at a time when budgets are in terrible shape. We are incredibly privileged to have three different sports under our umbrella, and two of them outdoors. Drop the indoor season this year. Allow outdoor meets early. Do fun stuff like run the indoor events outdoors. If there are schools that can safely have indoor meets, they can go for it. Have more intrasquad meets with real officials and timing. More dual meets with local colleges.
    Finally someone with a realistic sensible plan.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    As of right now, the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Champs are scheduled to happen. I am skeptical that they will.

I think it is really really hard to safely have a full indoor T&F meet safely when COVID is just exploding everywhere. All of these college kids going home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, with rates sky high everywhere, is just going to explode the situation on college campuses.

On the flip side, I am optimistic that we could safely have an NCAA Outdoor season, with a lot of precautions taken.

I think spending money on indoor track is flushing it down the toilet, and at a time when budgets are in terrible shape. We are incredibly privileged to have three different sports under our umbrella, and two of them outdoors. Drop the indoor season this year. Allow outdoor meets early. Do fun stuff like run the indoor events outdoors. If there are schools that can safely have indoor meets, they can go for it. Have more intrasquad meets with real officials and timing. More dual meets with local colleges.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    The Ivy League just cancelled all winter sports.
    Can spring be far behind? I don't see the pandemic under control till late summer.

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    I believe the Ivy League also has ruled out having Football in the spring.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    They had already canceled fall sports.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Does that mean they can run cross country, since it is a fall sport ??

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Will this go the way of Football, where the smaller conferences follow suit, but the P5 say EFF EWE?

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    The Indoor Championship and the XC Championship will be within a few days of each other - that certainly implies an indoor season. (but with about 140,000 cases today - a million/week - I am not sure how this is going to play out.). I wonder if more and more football games are cancelled (will Wisconsin have a one-game season? I think they already are on the edge of not playing enough games, and since if they do play next week it will be with a fourth-string QB that has thrown maybe two passes and they have not been able to practice much). I guess that LSU/Alabama is not going to happen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X