X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie Kunz AL 4614 pent at Seattle

Comment

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
      20.37 is really good - is there any reliable conversion from indoor to outdoor!
      Reliable? Don't think so, but here's some unreliable comparisons:

20.37i is =28th performer on the all time list. The equivalent placing on the outdoor list is 19.81 at =29th.

Indoors, he's just one tenth behind Walter Dix, who's sitting at 12th performer and is even closer to Xavier Carter (20.20) and Ato Boldon (20.35) but he's faster than LaShawn Merritt, Christopher Lemaitre, Francis Obikwelu, John Regis, Kim Collins and Michael Johnson to name a select few.

There are only 10 athletes who have run faster indoors since the start of 2015.

By contrast, if he ran 20.37 outdoors, he would be =454th on the outdoor list. Happily, his best is 20.31, so he's sitting at =348th performer already.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post

Reliable? Don't think so, but here's some unreliable comparisons:

20.37i is =28th performer on the all time list. The equivalent placing on the outdoor list is 19.81 at =29th.

Indoors, he's just one tenth behind Walter Dix, who's sitting at 12th performer and is even closer to Xavier Carter (20.20) and Ato Boldon (20.35) but he's faster than LaShawn Merritt, Christopher Lemaitre, Francis Obikwelu, John Regis, Kim Collins and Michael Johnson to name a select few.

There are only 10 athletes who have run faster indoors since the start of 2015.

By contrast, if he ran 20.37 outdoors, he would be =454th on the outdoor list. Happily, his best is 20.31, so he's sitting at =348th performer already.

Hope he PBs again tomorrow. I'm guessing he could go 20.0x outdoors soon. It would be nice if he could get under 20 but not quit sure to make that bet.

Hoping he will get the qual. standard for the Olympics in both 100 and 200 - which seems likely.
        Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 02-27-2021, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• I noticed for the LJ qualification - 8.22 - the US has already nominated 3 athletes. Is this final or can this be changed?

Comment

Hope he PBs again tomorrow. I'm guessing he could go 20.0x outdoors soon. It would be nice if he could get under 20 but not quit sure to make that bet.

Hoping he will get the qual. standard for the Olympics in both 100 and 200 - which seems likely.
            If I could, I would bet you a dozen Dunkin' Donuts he runs under 20.00 and NCAA's/OT's

Comment

I noticed for the LJ qualification - 8.22 - the US has already nominated 3 athletes. Is this final or can this be changed?
              What does that mean?
              Top 3 in OT go if they have the Qual mark . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                What does that mean?
                Top 3 in OT go if they have the Qual mark . . .
                I saw this on the wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlet..._Qualification

Did not quit understand it myself!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

If I could, I would bet you a dozen Dunkin' Donuts he runs under 20.00 and NCAA's/OT's
                  That would be nice, does Amazon deliver donuts from their WFs stores?

Comment

I saw this on the wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlet..._Qualification

Did not quit understand it myself!
                    Ignore Wikipedia in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Ignore Wikipedia in this case.
                      Will do! Thank you!

Comment

Annie Kunz AL 4614 pent at Seattle
                        With the 800 being run on an Oversize Track, should the score be legit for records & lists??
                        I say NO!

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

With the 800 being run on an Oversize Track, should the score be legit for records & lists??
                          I say NO!
                          Duly noted...

Comment

• I almost hiked down to UT last night in Austin, thinking that was where the Trials of Miles meet (aka Texas Qualifier, Friday-Saturday...see the Track & Field News main page at MAJOR RESULTS LINKS) was being held. It turned out instead to be at Crusader Stadium, St. Michael's Academy. Weather was overcast, 59 plus or minus. So we actually had a Stanford-like distance carnival, of sorts, it was watchable for free on the Internet, the view and camera work (including use of a drone) were good, and the announcing (especially Kyle Merber) drew Internet-commentary praise, although not unanimously. Currently, Saturday approaching noon in Austin, it's 69 with cloudiness that's expected to continue all day and tonight, the temperature hitting an expected 78 by the time the lesser events start at 4:30 p.m. CST, dropping to an expected 74 when the elite races begin at 7:00 p.m. CST.

Comment

• awesome HS frosh Avery Lewis has raised her class record to 21-2½

Comment

Duly noted...
                                Yeah, like it makes a huge difference in a multi-event. The great 200 tracks are every bit as fast as a flat 300, probably more so for non-distances races.

Comment

Working...
                                X