Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATL's twitter feed is now listing Meet 4 as next weekend, not tomorrow

Comment

• I know its only Wednesday, but wonder if the weather in the south (whole country) will have any affect on the meet this weekend, both in terms of logistics and with athlete participation. Im guessing Arkansas isn't facing as many issues as Texas though?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
        wonder if the weather in the south (whole country) will have any affect on the meet this weekend,
        Yes, the meet will feel sad, I'm sure.

Comment

• Start lists are now up on their twitter: https://twitter.com/americantrack/st...47247664758784

Aries Merritt in the 60mH running his first race in years and Felix running the 60m and 200m. This would be her first indoor 200m since 2003 when she was still in High School.

Comment

I know its only Wednesday, but wonder if the weather in the south (whole country) will have any affect on the meet this weekend, both in terms of logistics and with athlete participation. Im guessing Arkansas isn't facing as many issues as Texas though?
            I believe Arkansas is not part of the Texas electricity grid, so it should not be having all the blackouts.

Comment

Start lists are now up on their twitter: https://twitter.com/americantrack/st...47247664758784
              Aries Merritt in the 60mH running his first race in years and Felix running the 60m and 200m. This would be her first indoor 200m since 2003 when she was still in High School.
              The fields seem a bit watered down from the first three.

Crouser, Felix, Baker, Kendricks, Merritt, and a good (Ami) wSP are the main draws, with some others sprinkled in: Gruver, Dendy, etc. (no disrespect!).

To be sure, I'm thrilled that all the others get a time in the spotlight, and it's great for USA T&F!
              I'll watch with rapt attention and hope the ratings are good enough to sustain this model.

There's a outdoor version of this too, so that's great.

Too bad we didn't get an iUSATF this year, but the NCAA is loaded (fingers crossed that they don't pull the rug out from under us again, as they did last year!)

The WIT has been a success so far, so all in all, I think we're looking better than most thought for 2021.

The ultimate ? is about the OG. If we lose them, it will be dire, as many athletes have hung on and done the work to excel THIS year. Will they stick around ANOTHER year with the same motivation?

[/ramble]

Comment

Felix running the 60m and 200m. This would be her first indoor 200m since 2003 when she was still in High School.
                And the last time she ran a 200m outdoors was 2017, so it's been a while in that event full stop!

Her 2020 races over 60m were average, but good for a 400m runner. Her 150m was surprisingly good (well, it was for me) and she obviously looked better as she got into her running. It will be interesting to compare her times with the women that have run the 200 in the previous 3 meets at this track. It will give us a direct comparison.

7 of the 10 fastest runs this season have all been at Fayettville. To break into the top ten she needs to run faster than 23.01. For a US lead she would need to run faster than Abby Steiner's 22.52 run at Clemson, which is 2nd in the world behind Miller-Uibo's 22.40 (Fayetteville).

What do folks reckon? 22.7 maybe?

Comment

• I don't think she'll break 23 and may be closer to 23.5

Comment

I know its only Wednesday, but wonder if the weather in the south (whole country) will have any affect on the meet this weekend, both in terms of logistics and with athlete participation. Im guessing Arkansas isn't facing as many issues as Texas though?
                    Sandi Morris has been stranded in Texas all week and pulled out of the ATL meet.

Comment

I don't think she'll break 23 and may be closer to 23.5
                      Yeah, I'll say 23.2.

Comment

• start lists for IV

https://flashresults.com/2021_Meets/Indoor/02-21_ATL/

Comment

• Ponzio on ultra steroids?
                          Or 3kg shot?
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• My first thought when you pointed that out was that it was perhaps discus mark, but it's nowhere near his discus PR.

Comment

• Obviously a typo for 20.52

Comment

• Felix entered in 60 and 200. Doesn't mean she''ll actually run the 200. Remember McGlaughlin was entered in 60h and 500 a week ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X