Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    The worse thing the domestic sport did was the change to metric.... the American public never followed along....
    Exactly, particularly for the jumping and throwing events.

Comment

BTW who is putting up the money for this enterprise...the article gives no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago View Post

Exactly, particularly for the jumping and throwing events.
        Fortunately at Pre they give they announce the measurements in imperial....so they are actually better off...

Comment

hallelujah i hope this works out

Comment

The worse thing the domestic sport did was the change to metric.... the American public never followed along....
            Well, that is true, but I don't think that the change to metric is why the sport is not popular in the U.S.

Comment

Fortunately at Pre they give they announce the measurements in imperial....so they are actually better off...
              As I must remind the geezers here, NCAA is already metric and most state HS feds are going there too. This is an argument that won't be won by the Impericists! I'm a born and raised one, and I ceded this a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                As I must remind the geezers here, NCAA is already metric and most state HS feds are going there too. This is an argument that won't be won by the Impericists! I'm a born and raised one, and I ceded this a long time ago.
                Right....and the commentary is in imperial!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8tRm6k0olo&t=3074s

Comment

Right....and the commentary is in imperial!
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8tRm6k0olo&t=3074s
                  And yet notice which mark is given FIRST.

Comment

USATF ?? Why are they even mentioned in this discussion. They couldn't even host a national championship this year, and have never promoted summer meets in the US.

Comment

To Conor's point - there are tens of millions of fans who haven't been captured. That even includes a lot of all-american athletes, and even retired professional track athletes that I know. Need fans to make a league work. Need money to get fans. Need gambling to get money. If reebok and crossfit can make money off literally the competition of working out, I've got to think track can.

Comment

As big city marathons, and crossfit, show there is plenty of money getting the public to pay to participate....

But watching...forget it....if the people and sponsors organizing this thing realize there is no profit in it...it has a chance...but having read his promotion a couple times I don't think he knows that.
                        Last edited by Conor Dary; 12-17-2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

I agree, to organize a meet series you'd better be in for something else other than the money, at least not immediate profit

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago View Post
                            Probably has little to do with the general lack of interest, but it is a big turnoff for me when 90 percent of the field in every race distance race look like identical billboards for Nike. It also is interesting that the results usually list the athletes' sponsoring equipment companies. That is something that you don't typically see in other individual sports, such as tennis, golf, swimming and wrestling.
                            Well that shouldn't be a problem this year, Nike is dropping a huge percentage of their athletes.

Comment

As big city marathons, and crossfit, show there is plenty of money getting the public to pay to participate....

But watching...forget it....if the people and sponsors organizing this thing realize there is no profit in it...it has a chance...but having read his promotion a couple times I don't think he knows that.
                              marathons and CrossFit make money on spectators watching (tv) and on gambling (well the bookies do which gets people to watch).

Comment

Really...where did you hear that? I knew it would happen eventually...

Comment

Working...
                                X