Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    I cannot distinguish between English accents.. all are unintelligible to me.
    So you're OK with Scottish accents then?

On that front, here's a comic clip (3:33 long) based on Scottish accents and the frustrations of voice recognition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=NMS2VnDveP8

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

I'm not sure if a non-US citizen can get vaccinated over there by just paying for it (that's how most things in the US work) but if I was an Ash Barty or Ollie Hoare over there at the moment, I'd be trying to get a jab (especially the one-dose-only Johnson & Johnson version).
      The ABC is reporting that:

The United States vaccination program is going full steam ahead, so well in fact that just about everyone can get one if they want.

Tennis players at the Charleston leg of the WTA Tour in Southern Carolina have been offered a shot of the Johnson and Johnson one-shot vaccine.

At least two Australian women are playing in this tournament, so if I was them I would be taking advantage of it. And it suggests that this option would be a possibility for any Aussie athletes residing or training/competing in the US prior to the Olympics.

ETA - tonight's announcement that Australians under 50 will no longer receive AstraZeneca jabs further muddies the waters about vaccinating the Aussie team for Tokyo.
      Last edited by Vault-emort; 04-08-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post
        The Australian Championships will run from next Monday 12 April to the following Monday 19 April.

a full timetable is available here: https://cdn.revolutionise.com.au/cup...pqkhimtb8e.pdf
        The entry lists are at https://cdn.revolutionise.com.au/cup...3twsolzjru.pdf

Ella Connolly who hasn't competed for most of the season is in the 100, 200 & 400 but I guess we'll have to see if she even runs one.

Comment

The entry lists are at https://cdn.revolutionise.com.au/cup...3twsolzjru.pdf

Ella Connolly who hasn't competed for most of the season is in the 100, 200 & 400 but I guess we'll have to see if she even runs one.
          ...and on the men's side, it looks like Solomon has given in to whatever ails him with no appearance in any event.

Comment

...and on the men's side, it looks like Solomon has given in to whatever ails him with no appearance in any event.
            He's down in the 400 (page 102) but I won't be holding my breath on him or Connolly starting. In the absence of any intelligence, we just have to wait and see, I guess.

Comment

He's down in the 400 (page 102) but I won't be holding my breath on him or Connolly starting. In the absence of any intelligence, we just have to wait and see, I guess.
              @#$^%#$ AA!

I did a test search on 400 and there were too many results, so I searched on Solomon and got nothing. How? Well on investigation, the headlines seem to be searchable but not individual names.

Are there any more ways, documents can get less useful to an end user?

I suppose I should be gratefull they didn't publish white text on white...

Comment

• I really wish they'd include seed times. I follow swimming a lot and their entry lists always have seed times.

Comment

@#$^%#$ AA!

I did a test search on 400 and there were too many results, so I searched on Solomon and got nothing. How? Well on investigation, the headlines seem to be searchable but not individual names.

Are there any more ways, documents can get less useful to an end user?

I suppose I should be gratefull they didn't publish white text on white...
                  You can download the document (assuming you have a pdf reader) and then search the names.
                  All three interesting Australians are competing in the multi-events. Hopping for an AR for Dubler and good mark for West

Comment

• Kath Mitchell's SB the highlight of these low-key comps in Melbourne during the week. She must go into the Nats as favourite to beat the World Champ.

ABERFELDIE - 8 APRIL
                    LJ Williams 7.45m (0.0)

LJ Stratton 6.59m (0.0)

BOX HILL - 8 APRIL
                    100 (0.5) Romanin 10.59

100 (0.0) Coates 11.76
                    400 Loizou 54.68
                    100H (0.0) Mucci 13.60

FRANKSTON - 10 APRIL
                    SP Birkinhead 19.54m
                    HAM Dalton 66.32m

JAV Mitchell 63.49m
                    HAM Ratcliffe 61.48m

Comment

• Originally posted by olorin View Post

All three interesting Australians are competing in the multi-events. Hopping for an AR for Dubler and good mark for West
                      I'm really looking forward to the Dec. Not just for the top guys but other improvers. It's a good field in domestic terms with a bunch having improved individual PBs in deca events so far this year:

OPEN
                      8492 Ashley MOLONEY (00) 2020
                      8367 Cedric DUBLER (95) 2020 - 1xpb in 2021
                      7901 Daniel GOLUBOVIC (93) 2019 - 3xpb in 2021
                      7733 David BROCK (94) 2015
                      7665 Alec DIAMOND (97) 2020 - 2xpb in 2021
                      7262 Sebastian REYNEKE (01) 2021 - 6xpb in 2021
                      7257 Christian PAYNTER (97) 2021 - 8xpb in 2021
                      7186 Lachlan CALVERT (95) 2019 - not competed in 2021

U20
                      7132 Liam GILBERT (02) 2020 - not competed in 2021

Comment

@#$^%#$ AA!

That's funny, I can search in mine. I knew I'd seen Solomon when I read the doc before I posted, so searched to find him and note the page number.

Search showed me there are THREE Solomons competing

Comment

• Also bad/sad news that Australia has pulled out of the World Relay champs

Comment

• Rohan Browning gets a bit excited but let's hope he doesn't suffer the fate of the last 100m medallist:
                            https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-olympic-medal

Craig Hilliard takes peyote, sits in sweat lodge and channels his spirit animal:
                            https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...awns-in-sydney

Comment

• Why do Australian Athletics have such a crazy, bloated national championships meeting? Surely, they'd have a much better chance of securing live TV coverage if the Senior championships were separate and not fractured like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                                Why do Australian Athletics have such a crazy, bloated national championships meeting? Surely, they'd have a much better chance of securing live TV coverage if the Senior championships were separate and not fractured like this?
                                That's a good question. I'm wondering if it's thought that, in a country with such isolated centres of population, having a single, longer meet is considered to be preferable in terms of getting all the best athletes, coaches and officials in one place. For example, if the champs are in Melbourne, someone from Perth who coaches javelin throwers of a variety of ages is more likely to travel across the country for a single multi-day event than travel back and forth for 2 or 3 separate meets. Same for officials from Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane etc.

However, you could probably still make it a better TV package, if you have a combined meet that starts with the age group events and has the seniors at the end, say over 2 days of the weekend or Friday evening/Saturday/Sunday.
                                Last edited by Trickstat; 04-11-2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X