X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
    BERN:
    100 (0.2) Browning 10.12 (2nd)
    A good run with only a +0.2, showing he's still holding his peak.

Interestingly, there were three (!) SUI sprinters not far behind: William Reais 10.22 PB, Ricky Petrucciani 10.24 PB and Wicki Silvan 10.25. Only Silvan ran in the OG but didn't get out of the heats with a 10.28. No SUI in the relay, either, which should give pause to AUS relay coaches (if they exist).

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post

A good run with only a +0.2, showing he's still holding his peak.

Interestingly, there were three (!) SUI sprinters not far behind: William Reais 10.22 PB, Ricky Petrucciani 10.24 PB and Wicki Silvan 10.25. Only Silvan ran in the OG but didn't get out of the heats with a 10.28. No SUI in the relay, either, which should give pause to AUS relay coaches (if they exist).
      Petrucciani ran in the OG 400, the distance he is Euro Under 23 Champ at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Petrucciani ran in the OG 400, the distance he is Euro Under 23 Champ at.
        I meant running the OG 100m but I'm glad now that I didn't actually write that because I wouldn't have found out about Petrucciani. I freely admit I was too lazy to look up their individual profiles.

I'm wondering if you've seen any assessments of current SUI sprinting? It seems that it must be the best ever but I haven't looked for data.

Comment

• Hall and McSweyn doing some gutsy front running in Lausanne. Bol much less so (he really looked out of sorts from the get go - did Arop gutpunch him on the startline or something? (they were sharing a lane)). McDermott keeps on keeping on.

Comment

• Bol, Marschall, McDermott & Patterson all on the lists for Paris DL.

Hoping Marschall can manage a decent height at last. He should be the freshest of the lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post
              I'm wondering if you've seen any assessments of current SUI sprinting? It seems that it must be the best ever but I haven't looked for data.
              The Swiss coach Laurent Meuwly, is having a lot of success with his sprinters. He is coaching the Dutch National Team, including Femke Bol, Lieke Klaver, and most of the rest (not Dafne Schippers, though she might do well to join his group). He also coaches some of the Swiss sprinters and hurdlers like Del Ponte, Wicki, and Sprunger. Not sure if the other Swiss sprinters are under his tutelage or not.

Comment

• Coming up: Bissett vs Hall over 800m in Rovereto. Also there: Clay, Barber, Browning, Ramsden (3000m).

https://paliocittadellaquercia.it/en/home-en/

Also Jacko Gill from the far East Island.

Comment

• ROVERETO

Some tired performances by the looks.

100 (0.2) Browning 10.25 (4th)
                  3000 Ramsden 7-55.35 (10th)

800 Bisset 2-01.03 (4th) Hall 2-01.45 (8th)
                  100H (-0.2) Clay 13.07 5th
                  JAV Barber 60.72m (4th)

Comment

• A couple backing up in Brussels:

BRUSSELS DL - 3 SEP

100 Browning
                    1500 McSweyn Hoare

MILE Hall
                    HJ McDermott Patterson

Comment

• The only thing Ismail Kamara has to fear in Sierra Leone, is poverty. Sierra Leone is one country in Africa with freedom of speech. He can criricise the government as much as he likes as long as he doesn't advocate violence. A lot of sportsmen and women from third world countries view trips abroad as orportunities to seek a new life without going through the tedious immigration hoops. Anyway, good luck to him

Comment

• ^ wrong thread?

Comment

• The last time two Aussie runners went 1-2 in a DL/Golden League race???

New Aussie record by 0.02s for Hall in Mile also.

And McDermott just keeps on impressing.

Browning didn't embarass. Where will he race next?

Aussies who look to have qualified for DL Final in Zurich:

M1500 McSweyn, Hoare
                          M5000 McSweyn
                          MHJ Starc

W800 Bisset
                          W1500 Hall
                          WSt Gregson (obviously a DNS)
                          WHJ McDermott, Patterson
                          WJT Barber

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
                            ^ wrong thread?
                            What?
                            You mean Sierra Leone isnt in the Northern Territory?

Comment

• Originally posted by AS View Post
                              The last time two Aussie runners went 1-2 in a DL/Golden League race???
                              Not a race, but the only event I can think of is 2006 where Hooker & Burgess went 1-2 in Berlin (the GL finale).

In a race, the best I can think of is 1995 Herculis Monaco (before GL established) where Freeman & Poetschka ran 1-2 in the 400m.

Comment

• A few Aussies competing today in Chorzow:

PV Marschall

100H Clay
                                JAV Barber

And in Padova

1500 McSweyn (!!) Ramsden
                                Last edited by Vault-emort; 09-05-2021, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X