Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my writing either. I was thinking that Moloney might be used only as a finals runner in the 4x400m (and possibly mixed 4x4) at CG, not in a 4x1.
    So, two incompetents talking past each other? That'd be a first for the internet!

Comment

• BRISBANE - 16 OCT - ALL SCHOOLS CHAMPS
      100 U20 (0.3) Law 10.61
      100 U18 (0.4) Wong 10.59 Clark 10.67

200 U20 (-0.9) Law 21.11
      200 U18 (0.2) Wong 21.42 Clark 21.59

100 U18 (1.5) Durmaz TUR 11.66 Harris 11.83
      200 U18 (0.4) Harris 24.42

ADELAIDE - 16 OCT
      100 (-1.3) Murphy 10.67
      400 Murphy 47.14

PV Smallacombe 4.30m Lawson 4.00m

Comment

BRISBANE - 16 OCT - ALL SCHOOLS CHAMPS

100 U18 (1.5) Durmaz TUR 11.66 Harris 11.83
        Durmaz equals her PB of 11.66 at this year's Qld U-18 champs but with slightly more wind this time, 1.5 vs 1.3 in March. A slight improvement on her time of 11.68 +2.0 at NQ champs 3 weeks ago. She's a 2004 birth, so still plenty of time to improve.

Interestingly, she's in the QA Target Talent Program (TTP) despite the TUR alignment.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post

Interestingly, she's in the QA Target Talent Program (TTP) despite the TUR alignment.
          Well, I guess she hasn't represented TUR internationally yet so is as eligible as Zhoya etc was for these junior squads.

Best performance on Day Two probably came from Torrie Lewis who didn't enter her favourite shorter sprints but won the U17 400m in 53.78

Comment

Will our best marathon runners (females especially) prefer to save themselves for medal chances at CG and leave WC spots for any others who have qualified?
            PERTH - 17 OCT

MAR Stenson 2-25.13 (#4 AT)

First marathon for the 2018 CG bronze medallist since giving birth in 2019.

Comment

• Oboye moving to Melbourne and moving up to the 800...

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...0071f359294e3b

Comment

• Was wondering when she'd move up in distance. She just doesn't possess enough speed to keep dropping time in the 400 and her 200 PB wasn't improving at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhizobium View Post
                  her 200 PB wasn't improving at all.
                  To be fair, she's only run four since 2017

Domestic (and VICTORIAN) 800s could be interesting over next season or two though:

1-58.09 BISSET
                  1-59.22 HALL
                  2-00.06 MITCHELL
                  2-00.13 GRIFFITH
                  2-00.24 Kaan
                  2-00.81 Small
                  2-01.01 Thomas
                  2-01.60 HOLLINGSWORTH
                  ?????? OBOYE
                  Last edited by Vault-emort; 10-24-2021, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• I love this move by Oboye. Rinaldi can hopefully weave his magic and get her down in the 1:57s by Paris.

Comment

• Michael Gleason in the Fairfax press writes about AA needing a rich benefactor like swimming has Gina Reinhart, the famously self-made-from-poverty billionaire.

Why ruin the sport and become toadies to somebody who hates povvo bastards? Is the mention of Twiggy a subtle encouragement to Herb to cash in his copious Fortesue shareholdings? So many possibilities.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...28-p59411.html

Comment

• "Self-made" Gina is such a bad look for Swimming Australia. I wish she'd remain as inconspicuous as possible for the good of the sport.

Comment

• The sport didn't get any richer (or better run) when Twiggy was AA Chairman.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhizobium View Post
                            "Self-made" Gina is such a bad look for Swimming Australia. I wish she'd remain as inconspicuous as possible for the good of the sport.
                            I don't think AA would want Gina anywhere near a trust. She's very litigious in that domain...

Comment

• Jana Pittman is featured on tomorrow night's 'Australian Story' on ABC.

Comment

• Summary of tonight's Australian Story:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...rise/100525802

Comment

Working...
                                X