Erin Go Bragh!

Russian meet gets HJers started: [trackinsun]

mHJ 1 Mikhail Akimenko 2.30

wHJ 1 Mariya Lasitskene 1.92

Comment

Video of Akimenko's jump
      https://youtu.be/deGK9qdTsxQ

Comment

I'm expecting big(ger) things from the Eastern Europeans this year: Akimenko, Nedasekau, Ivanyuk, Bondarenko, etc..
        We've had glimpses of greatness, but generally speaking the mHJ has been pretty moribund.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I'm expecting big(ger) things from the Eastern Europeans this year: Akimenko, Nedasekau, Ivanyuk, Bondarenko, etc..We've had glimpses of greatness, but generally speaking the mHJ has been pretty moribund.
          Id be surprised if Bondarenko can get back to peak form.

Comment

Mahuchikh starting off her season with a 2.02 (=PB, =NR) in Kiev, a very clean competition with no miss till 2.04 (XXX) which is something rather rare for her. Levchenko 1.95, Geraschenko 1.92.
            Last edited by ZazaShoya; 01-09-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post
              Mahuchikh starting off her season with a 2.02
              Lasitskene will have her hands full this year, trying to beat her.

Comment

Lasitskene will have her hands full this year, trying to beat her.
                This opener is a major difference with Lasitskene's opener of 1.92. Too early to tell, but I would make Mahuckikh a slight favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  I would make Mahuckikh a slight favorite.
                  Insufficient data. Lasits should be in heavy training now. Lasit is the Champ and the Champ is the Champ until she puts her title on the line in a meaningful comp.

Comment

what anybody is jumping (or running or throwing) in January has zero (no, make that less than zero) relevance towards what's going to happen this summer

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                      what anybody is jumping (or running or throwing) in January has zero (no, make that less than zero) relevance towards what's going to happen this summer
                      Not so with Shelby Houlihan and Karissa Schweizer!
                      They smashed the AR in the 3000 INdoors with 8:25's or 8:26's.
                      Then last summer they ran those super fast 5000's.
                      I'd say those INdoor times foreshadowed their 5K breakthroughs!

Comment

I am certainly not a card-carrying "Bring Back the Mile" club member, but these results from Australian seem . . . wrong.

Box Hill - Victoria Milers Club
                        Men
                        1.500m 1 Jaryd Clifford 3:44.36; 2 Adam Pyke 3:45.99; 3 Cody Shanahan 3:46.55; 4 Sam Williams 3:47.16; 5 Lachlan Herd 3:47.55; 6 Aidan Roberts 3:48.16

Women
                        1.500m 1 Georgia Hansen 4:20.10; 2 Amy Bunnage 4:21.08; 3 Catriona Bisset 4:24.34; 4 Megan Dickson 4:26.05; 5 Amy Robinson 4:26.22; 6 Jemima Russell 4:28.26

Comment

I am certainly not a card-carrying "Bring Back the Mile" club member, but these results from Australian seem . . . wrong.

http://www.vicmilers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                            It's a little like the British Miler's club which organises races from 600m (very occasionally) up to 5000m. Despite its name, they hold far more 1500m races than miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

It's a little like the British Miler's club which organises races from 600m (very occasionally) up to 5000m. Despite its name, they hold far more 1500m races than miles.
                              I was just about to say that too...I've run in one or two....the Miler's name is a bit of a misnomer...

Comment

Working...
                              X