Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bob (Lux) started his season off with a 20.65.
    Go, Bob, go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Big Bob (Lux) started his season off with a 20.65.
      Go, Bob, go!
      Started? That was his fifth meet!

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
        Started? That was his fifth meet!
        Excuse me, but Bob's season does not start until I post about it (tree falls in the woods, etc.) !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          As far as competition goes, you're absolutely right.
          But . . . for those of us to whom the numbers are important and inform our understanding of the sport, yeah, it's a big deal, just as the examples you cited.
          I like the new shoes because they bring additional PR to the sport, as when someone smashes world records, as happened last summer, but to us, the inner circle of cognoscenti, it necessitates a re-gearing of expectations. If Teare's shoes are the new kind (have no idea if they are), and the 2% finding is valid, then I have to look at a 3:50.3 as 3:54.9ish. The first is 'incredible'; the latter, 'impressive'.
          I totally understand where you are coming from here. Over the last 50 years or so, if you exclude new women's event, the sport has tended to see a gradual rise in standards. For example, I think it may have taken about 40 years for sub 1:44 800s to become as common as sub 1:45s were.

One potential downside for me will occur is and when a national record set by a relatively recent athlete who was very competitive at the highest world level falls to someone who is actually quite some way from being competitive at that level.

Comment

• Meeting Elite en salle de l'Eure (WIT Bronze)
            Notable names competing: Hugues-Fabrice Zango, Grant Holloway Gudaf Tsegay, Getnet Wale, Nafi Thiam, Renaud Lavillenie, Chris Nilsen

Live Results: http://eure.athle.com/asp.net/espace...etition=248940
            Free French Live Stream: https://youtu.be/lF_kT48QIXY

Meet is live now
            Last edited by ATK; 02-14-2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Live results seem to not be updating, but they are updating all field events on a separate live doc here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pRA...cFLArUKNk/view

Comment

• Lavillenie NH's with 3 misses at 5.62m

Nielsen wins at 5.80m
                Last edited by ATK; 02-14-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Gudaf Tsegay 1:57.52 in the 800m. #9 all time indoors

Comment

• In a 5K road race in Monaco, B Cheokoech runs 14:43 WB and J Cheptegei won men's race in 13:14.

Comment

• 7.41 for Holloway in the 60mH

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        Gudaf Tsegay 1:57.52 in the 800m. #9 all time indoors
                        World Athletics posted on their Facebook that Ethiopia’s Tsegsay ran the #9 time all time and now their page is flooded with comments saying she is from Tigray and not Ethiopia. I mean, as far as I know Tigray is not an independent country and certainly doesn’t have an OC or WA federation, so what are people going to do in this case (and I imagine many like it?)

Comment

• Originally posted by dupontred View Post

World Athletics posted on their Facebook that Ethiopia’s Tsegsay ran the #9 time all time and now their page is flooded with comments saying she is from Tigray and not Ethiopia. I mean, as far as I know Tigray is not an independent country and certainly doesn’t have an OC or WA federation, so what are people going to do in this case (and I imagine many like it?)
                          Having nothing to do with the tragic ongoing Tigray war, I'm sure Tsegay still represents Ethiopia athletically.

Comment

• In France

mTJ
                            2.Donald Scott 16.94 (55-7) AL

m1500
                            Getnet Wale (Eth) 3:35.54. Get this man some barriers and a water jump STAT!
                            Last edited by Atticus; 02-14-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Adler, Russia, Feb 14 - Lunev Memorial [fm TiS]

mHT
                              1 Denis Lukyanov 77.65 (254-9 misses WL by 3")
                              2 Valeriy Pronkin 77.51
                              3 Yevgeniy Korotovskiy 76.07

Comment

• Sorry if this was already discussed but it sure seems kind of lame way to keep Hoare, C. Hunter and maybe others off Aussie Oly team. https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...fd527b6c542141

Comment

Working...
                                X