Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Ya gotta love the NCAA's draw.

Texas A&M - Commerce (never heard of it, but that's just me) has a good mHJer (by way of Central Arizona College!), who just went 7-4,5 (2.25). He went to Maris Stella College previosuly, which you've never heard of , because . . . it's in India, and he is from Sri Lanka. Welcome Ushan Perera!
    Yes you have... East Texas State.

They have a superb jumps coach there in Commerce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
      Bol also said in a post-race interview in Toruล„ that she's been working on improving her speed this year, which allows her to open faster, while still being able to close fast.
      As my coach once told me, the 400H is easy: go out hard, go over each hurdle before the other guys do, out-kick them at the end.

Comment

• w60m times

7.34 2/06 VCB
        7.28 2/21 Felix

It'd be amazing to see them in another Oly final against each other.

Comment

• The jump at 1m91 of Merel Maes , the young Belgian prodigy born in January 2005
          Last edited by Belolympics; 02-23-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Belolympics View Post
            The jump at 1m91 of Merel Maes , the young Belgian prodigy born in January 2005
            Her best from last year was 1.81m, so 10cm (so far) in one year. Her coach, Benny Annecour, said she hasn't overtrained to achieve this. She only trains for an hour, four times per week with only light strength training. Tia Hellebaut and her old coach both see big things ahead for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
              w60m times

7.34 2/06 VCB
              7.28 2/21 Felix

It'd be amazing to see them in another Oly final against each other.
              Vcb is still doin this??? How is that not major news in itself? She really is haunted by not getting that 100 oly gold but sadly her time is past. It will be a pleasure watching her. Felix needs to improve on that time to contend the 200 but it shows shes healthy at least.

Comment

• Mondo just went 6.10 in Belgrade!!

Comment

• Mondo, still jumping in Belgrade, is over 6.10.

For the Great Unwashed, that's 20 feet.

Comment

• One miss at 6.19 WR.
                    Missed second, stopped there.

I have a very strong feeling he'll medal at the Euros next week!
                    Last edited by Atticus; 02-24-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Mondo just went 6.10 in Belgrade!!
                      https://serbia.opentrack.run/sr-latn...nindoor/event/

Comment

• Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post

Vcb is still doin this??? How is that not major news in itself? She really is haunted by not getting that 100 oly gold but sadly her time is past. It will be a pleasure watching her. Felix needs to improve on that time to contend the 200 but it shows shes healthy at least.
                        Her last competitive season was 2017, she then had one race in 2018 and then that's it! It will be interesting to see how she progresses and what her aim is. You would think nationally the 200m would be easier, but although JAM hasn't exactly had depth in that event in the last few years, at 39 I can't see her making the JAM team at all.

As we compared Felix with Ottey on the other thread, we can do so with VCB here: when Ottey was 39 - in 1999 - she ran 7.01/ 10.97/ 22.43. I know VCB has only had one meet, and will be very rusty, but she isn't going to match Ottey's times, and that's the form she needs to be in to make the JAM team. But, it's great to see her back, and imagine if she did make the team, and she and Felix were in the same heat of the 200m!

Comment

• I also find it interesting to see how she progresses

TweakBox Tutuapp
                          Last edited by avensis; 09-22-2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• KK---or KoKo---or Konstanze Klosterhalfen entered this race at the last minute--then took control before 5000, and broke Katrin Ullrich's 1991 German National Record in the 10000!!
                            Her time of 31:01+ took about 2 seconds off Ullrich's old NR!!
                            She finished 75 seconds ahead of 2nd placer Keira D'Amato's 32:16!!
                            Very impressive run by KK!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

Her last competitive season was 2017, she then had one race in 2018 and then that's it! It will be interesting to see how she progresses and what her aim is. You would think nationally the 200m would be easier, but although JAM hasn't exactly had depth in that event in the last few years, at 39 I can't see her making the JAM team at all.

As we compared Felix with Ottey on the other thread, we can do so with VCB here: when Ottey was 39 - in 1999 - she ran 7.01/ 10.97/ 22.43. I know VCB has only had one meet, and will be very rusty, but she isn't going to match Ottey's times, and that's the form she needs to be in to make the JAM team. But, it's great to see her back, and imagine if she did make the team, and she and Felix were in the same heat of the 200m!
                              Whats remarkable about those ottey times is she kept her speed but didnt have the relative speed endurance. Her 60 time is world class while her 100 n 200 were pedestrian for her standards. Did she get injured in outdoors or was that just how her body responded to being 39?

Vcb has no chance in the 100 with elaine shelly and brianna. Plus you know mvp always has some new girl out the woodworks every year. The 200 is still weak in ja and hasnt been what it was with stewart and simpson off the scene. Vcb could sneak in for third but will be destroyed on the world scene and would be lucky to make it to the semis. As much as i love legends running past their peak primes i dont want to see them go out hobbling and whimpering.

Comment

• Lake Biwa marathon concluded its 76 year history with a huge bang.

. Kengo Suzuki (Fujitsu) - 2:04:56 - NR, CR
                                2. Hidekazu Hijikata (Honda) - 2:06:26 - PB
                                3. Kyohei Hosoya (Kurosaki Harima) - 2:06:35 - PB
                                4. Hiroto Inoue (Mitsubishi Juko) - 2:06:47 - PB
                                5. Yusuke Ogura (Yakult) - 2:06:51 - PB
                                6. Shuho Dairokuno (Asahi Kasei) - 2:07:12 - PB
                                7. Simon Kariuki (Kenya/Togami Denki) - 2:07:18 - PB
                                8. Masato Kikuchi (Konica Minolta) - 2:07:20 - PB
                                9. Kento Kikutani (Toyota Boshoku) - 2:07:26 - PB
                                10. Yuki Kawauchi (ANDSH) - 2:07:27 - PB

Race report and more results below.

http://japanrunningnews.blogspot.com...record-to.html

Comment

Working...
                                X