Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Abderrahman Samba in his first race since Doha 2019, opened up with a 45.43 in the flat 400m, a world lead.
    Bryce Deadmon 44.62

Comment

• ha! I completely kept looking at it as 44.43

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        wJT Liu 64.56 (211+); Lu 62.90 (206+), followed by Yu, Su, Liu, Sun, Li, Ge, Liu Lu (!) and Jin.
        They're at it again today (fm TiS)

wJT Lyu 66.55 (218-4) WL, then Liu 203-11, then a haiku (to borrow from their neighbors to the east) for the rest of the field:

Yu, Su, Ge, Liu Lu,
        Chen Chen, Renqing, Sun, He, Li,
        Yin, Jingyi, Wang, Gai

Our surnames look so 'gangly' compared to theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
          In Roodepoort South Africa:

200m (+2.1)
          Wayde Van Niekerk - 20.10
          Akani Simbine - 20.29

Race video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNDF_WaH_bM/
          Elevation 1600m

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
            Elevation 1600m
            Post 370.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

They're at it again today (fm TiS)

wJT Lyu 66.55 (218-4) WL, then Liu 203-11, then a haiku (to borrow from their neighbors to the east) for the rest of the field:

Yu, Su, Ge, Liu Lu,
              Chen Chen, Renqing, Sun, He, Li,
              Yin, Jingyi, Wang, Gai

Our surnames look so 'gangly' compared to theirs.
              http://result.fairplay.xin/#/games?t...5%9B&visible=1

Comment

• it's all over Twitter--apparently Beth Potter of GB has at least equaled the Road 5000 WR of 14:43, and the time MAY be 14:41!!
                Beth Potter??
                I've heard the name, but I don't think she's even come close to breaking 15 on the track, and now she's broken or tied the Road WORLD Record?????!!!!!

Downhill?
                Short course?

It was at the Podium 5K in Barrowford, Lancashire!

ADD: An article I just read said the race was at night---today, but it's 8 hours later in England!
                She was late for the start of her race, so jumped in the Men's "B" race---so it was a mixed field!
                She said she saw the time, and couldn't believe it!
                Last edited by aaronk; 04-03-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                  it's all over Twitter--apparently Beth Potter of GB has at least equaled the Road 5000 WR of 14:43, and the time MAY be 14:41!!
                  Beth Potter??
                  I've heard the name, but I don't think she's even come close to breaking 15 on the track, and now she's broken or tied the Road WORLD Record?????!!!!!

Downhill?
                  Short course?

It was at the Podium 5K in Barrowford, Lancashire!

ADD: An article I just read said the race was at night---today, but it's 8 hours later in England!
                  She was late for the start of her race, so jumped in the Men's "B" race---so it was a mixed field!
                  She said she saw the time, and couldn't believe it!
                  Hmm, yes ...

She's now a triathlete.

I suspect some course mismeasurement there, LOL.

Comment

• LEGIT WORLD RECORD!

For the World Marathon champ Ruth Chepngetich at the Istanbul Half Marathon, 64:02, demolishing Ababel Yeshaneh's 64:34 WR.

Hellen Obiri was 3rd in 64:51, #5 all-time and the fastest debut ever. Yalemzerf Yehualaw was 2nd in 64:40.

WR-holder Kibiwott Kandie won the men's in 59:33, beating Geoffrey Kamworor by a few seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

Hmm, yes ...

She's now a triathlete.

I suspect some course mismeasurement there, LOL.
                      Very possibly but not definitely I would say. The men's winner, Tom Mortimer, ran a little quicker than his track PB, but I think that is ripe for revision. The runner-up, in 13:40, was Philip Sesemann who ran two 7:51 indoor 3000s this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Very possibly but not definitely I would say. The men's winner, Tom Mortimer, ran a little quicker than his track PB, but I think that is ripe for revision. The runner-up, in 13:40, was Philip Sesemann who ran two 7:51 indoor 3000s this year.
                        Is it possible that Beth Potter's race (the 'B' race) was misdirected?

Having had a brief look at the previous results of the top 4 in that 'B' race they all ran big PBs (20 seconds plus, and some much more) - https://www.runbritainrankings.com/r...&date=3-Apr-21

Even Beth Potter ran 43 seconds faster than she did at the same race last August!

Comment

Is it possible that Beth Potter's race (the 'B' race) was misdirected?

Having had a brief look at the previous results of the top 4 in that 'B' race they all ran big PBs (20 seconds plus, and some much more) - https://www.runbritainrankings.com/r...&date=3-Apr-21

Even Beth Potter ran 43 seconds faster than she did at the same race last August!
                          Looking at the times of the men at the front of that B race, it does look like they might be something like 20 or 25 seconds quicker than what I might have expected. I found one over 35 who has been running at a fairly similar level since 2017, whose best annual 5ks (including some at this venue) from 2017 to 2019 were between 14:49 and 14:58 who ran 14:30.

Comment

• At the colonial relays:

Veronica Campbell-Brown - 200m - 23.73 (-1.1)
                            Her first 200m since 2017

Comment

LEGIT WORLD RECORD!

For the World Marathon champ Ruth Chepngetich at the Istanbul Half Marathon, 64:02, demolishing Ababel Yeshaneh's 64:34 WR.

Hellen Obiri was 3rd in 64:51, #5 all-time and the fastest debut ever. Yalemzerf Yehualaw was 2nd in 64:40.

WR-holder Kibiwott Kandie won the men's in 59:33, beating Geoffrey Kamworor by a few seconds.
                              64:02... holy crap... when will we see a sub-2:10 women's marathon???

Comment

• Originally posted by steveu View Post

64:02... holy crap... when will we see a sub-2:10 women's marathon???
                                At about the time the half-marathon record gets under 62 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X