Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some decent 10,000s from Stockholm today -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TQ0...s16G-xcW6/view

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
      Some decent 10,000s from Stockholm today
      Ha! Decent indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Ha! Decent indeed.
        And there goes Elise Cranny's World Leader!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paced View Post
          Also announced today:

"Sha'Carri Richardson, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Elaine Thompson-Herah and Dina Asher-Smith have been announced as part of a top 100m field for the Wanda Diamond League meeting in Gateshead on Sunday 23 May."

These women are fearless, you've got to love it.
          This race will be won in 10.7x by the young American with Thompson in 2nd in 10.7x also.. Fraser always never shows her cards early season and I expect 11.1x 4th or 5th place from her. She will show up in Tokyo though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zendro View Post

This race will be won in 10.7x by the young American with Thompson in 2nd in 10.7x also.. Fraser always never shows her cards early season and I expect 11.1x 4th or 5th place from her. She will show up in Tokyo though.
            Who are you, and what planet are you from?
            LOL

Comment

I don't think we'll see a 10.7 in somewhere like Gateshead, unless we're lucky enough to see the type of strong tailwind that blew Thompson-Herah and Richardson to their early season 10.7s.

I partially agree - Fraser-Pryce has never shown 10.7 form prior to June and I don't think she'll win this, but based on her form thus far this season I reckon she'll run faster than 11.1 by late May.

Comment

Fraser always never shows her cards early season
                I'm confused . . .

Comment

I partially agree - Fraser-Pryce has never shown 10.7 form prior to June and I don't think she'll win this, but based on her form thus far this season I reckon she'll run faster than 11.1 by late May.
                  To be fair to SAFP, she ran 10.81 on May 30th 2015 which is pretty close to 10.7 form. She also ran 10.71 (+2.2) on June 1st 2013. So sure not May, but I doubt the a few extra hours passing made her close to 10.6 form.

With that said, If the winner of this race runs 10.9x I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    To be fair to SAFP, she ran 10.81 on May 30th 2015 which is pretty close to 10.7 form. She also ran 10.71 (+2.2) on June 1st 2013. So sure not May, but I doubt the a few extra hours passing made her close to 10.6 form.

With that said, If the winner of this race runs 10.9x I wouldn't be surprised.
                    That 10.81 came with a hefty 1.7 tailwind, so she was closer to 10.9 form than 10.7, which is consistent with what we saw in 2013 (10.91 +0.1 on 18th May), her best 100m season to date. 10.71 with a +2.2 wind isn't 10.7 shape either and that was over a week later than what Gatehead is planned for.

I agree with the final line though, although I think a 10.8x victory is more likely.

Comment

I agree with the final line though, although I think a 10.8x victory is more likely.
                      All depends on the conditions. Warm and +1.0 wind, 10.7x is in the cards. Mt SAC track will be fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        All depends on the conditions. Warm and +1.0 wind, 10.7x is in the cards. Mt SAC track will be fast.
                        This is for the race in Gateshead, England on May 23rd

Comment

This is for the race in Gateshead, England on May 23rd
                          Asafa Powell once set a WR at Gateshead on June 11th. It was an unusually warm day for early summer in the North-East of England though.

Comment

Gateshead
                            Oh . . . add .15s unless it's warm again.

Comment

• Ostrava in a couple of weeks is starting to look tasty, especially as we will see Richardson v SAFP v Schippers over 200m. This is going to be an interesting match up; Richardson is world number 2 on times at present with that great 22.11 from 3 weeks ago, whilst SAFP ran a 200m the very next day in what appeared to be a fairly comfortable 22.66. Schippers has so far only run those 4x1 legs in Silesia, which suggest she's probably in around 11.1 form over 100m at present (although we have to note the 5-6 degree cold) But, not enough to challenge these women in the 100m, but it may be a hint she's at 22.2-22.3 over 200m.

Interestingly an article in the Dutch press from a couple of days ago said "coach Bart Bennema and Schippers themselves say that it is increasingly going well in training. According to Bennema, she is running the times from her absolute top years 2015 and 2016.". Despite Schippers saying she's been approaching her old running style every year since 2017, and it hasn't happened, this is the first time her actual coach has said this, so it will remain to be seen.
                              Last edited by Wiederganger; 05-07-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                                this is the first time her actual coach has said this, so it will remain to be seen.
                                Leave it to the wily coach to energize an aging (but still very dangerous) athlete to say what she needs to hear to get her motivated in training . . .
                                I hope she is back to top form because her running is beautiful to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X