Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

No, those are not the odds, that is the minimum payout. The track lost a lot of money paying out ten cents to a vast majority of all bettors.
    A little late to the party . . . the minimum payout would be 2.10, or five cents on the dollar, so in this case there wasn't a minus pool. Sham attracted enough support from his breeding to "fully fund" the parimutels.
    An interesting side note in that race is that Secretariat actually payed more to place (2.40) than to win (2.20). Happens sometimes, in this case likely driven by the number of win tickets purchased as souvenirs and by speculators looking to sell in the aftermath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Leave it to the wily coach to energize an aging (but still very dangerous) athlete to say what she needs to hear to get her motivated in training . . .
      I hope she is back to top form because her running is beautiful to watch.
      Aye, I'm always dubious when I hear wild predictions and such like from athlete and coach, but to be fair to Bennema, he's been quite candid in the past: he's said a couple of times that it was unlikely she would ever get back into her 2015 form, but possible she could get back to her 2016 form; In 2019 he was very open about his plan to get her back to her 2017/22.0- 22.1 form that year - to be able to build on for sub 22 in 2020 - but acknowledged it would be difficult. So, fingers crossed he isn't just giving her false hope. We'll see. Her 10.19 4x1 leg was good on a very, very cold evening, but of course relay splits need to be read with caution.

For me, after what has happed regarding her injuries, and the talent we have at the top, I would do what another poster suggested on another thread: get her to focus on the 200, 4x1 and 4x4, and totally scrap the 100m. It is extremely doubtful she will medal in that event and it would take probably more than one woman to eff up in order for her to medal. Over 100m at present Richardson, SAFP, Thompson, DAS & Ta Lou are all above her, that's without other possible US & JAM threats. In the 200m though, SMU & DAS are the stand-outs, then after that it's much closer. Anyway, let's hope she has some of that relaxation and latter-race surge back, as that is what she will need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
        to be fair to Bennema, he's been quite candid in the past: he's said a couple of times that it was unlikely she would ever get back into her 2015 form, but possible she could get back to her 2016 form
        I have always been a 'pessimistic' coach, lowballing their chances and results.
        But sometimes, when an athlete loses confidence, I tell them how great they are going to do, and because they so want to please me (not necessarily me, personally, but The Coach) that they make that extra adjustment in training and competing, and it becomes a case of expectation fulfillment.
        No athlete is immune from a coach's psychological warfare tactics!!

Comment

• In the Euro Throws

mHT
          1. Apak 75.99
          2. Bennett 75.36
          3. Chaussinand 74.54
          4. Fajdek 74.48

wSP
          1. Gambetta 18.86
          2. Dubitskaya 18.79
          Last edited by Atticus; 05-08-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• In Montpellier mTJ, Zango17.40 WL
            from A Juck Twitter

Comment

• Ok, Vetter 91.12 first throw

Comment

• Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post
                Ok, Vetter 91.12 first throw
                I've gotta shut 'er down, Cap'n, the Warp Coil is overheating!

Comment

• Milaika Mihambo showing a great turn of speed endurance today, firstly running 17.44 over 150m, then a couple of hours later running 37.47 over 300m.

Comment

• Loic Gasch 2.33 at Lausanne

Comment

• Yulimar Rojas 15.14 (+2.0) in R2 in Ibiza. I swear her R3 a few minutes ago was a marginal foul at around 15.60 !!

Ongoing at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgCcj0l5OE4

Comment

• https://liveresults.european-athleti...y-schedule.htm

Results site for the Euro Throws

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                          Yulimar Rojas 15.14 (+2.0) in R2 in Ibiza. I swear her R3 a few minutes ago was a marginal foul at around 15.60 !!

Ongoing at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgCcj0l5OE4
                          Results site: https://www.ibizalive.info/Results/S...hid=T2021IB088

Rojas added a 15.01

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                            Yulimar Rojas 15.14 (+2.0) in R2 in Ibiza. I swear her R3 a few minutes ago was a marginal foul at around 15.60 !! [/url]
                            By far the best outdoor jump this early in May. She's seems as close as a lock as you'll get for Tokyo gold right now.

Comment

• Karoline Bjerkeli Grovdal won the 10000 in Oslo in 30:50.84 today, with world's best cross-country skier Therese Johaug second in 31:32.88 (missed the Olympic Q time by less than 8 secs).
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Gudef Tsegay ran 29:39.42 at the Rebeira meet!
                                Saw the last 6-7 laps on livestream!
                                She looked as smooth as Ayana did in her WR!!

Comment

Working...
                                X