Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now 69.68, best ancillary throw ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

I LOVE Wlodarczyk--a big fan!
      But 72.37 is 237-8.
      Price and Andersen have thrown about 6 meters farther more than once.
      Berry just threw about 75 meters!
      Three Americans better than Anita!
      I know she's just starting her season, but still, you expect more from the WR holder!
      Americans have a huge tendency of peaking way too early in the season ... Price was a noteworthy exception in Doha but Europeans are more reliable when it comes to throwing far when it matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post
        Americans have a huge tendency of peaking way too early in the season ... Price was a noteworthy exception in Doha but Europeans are more reliable when it comes to throwing far when it matters.
        Some are, some aren't. Just like everyone else. Pick one European of promise, and it's a crapshoot if they'll 'show up'. Pick Euros as a group and yup, some will do very well.

Comment

• The winner Malwina Kopron complained about the circle after the competition and said her distance was poor compared to what she had been throwing in training. Look at it this way: Tavernier has been over 75 this year and she only managed 70.55 today.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
            The winner Malwina Kopron complained about the circle after the competition and said her distance was poor compared to what she had been throwing in training.
            That was a ball!
            Pass interference!
            He charged!
            Bad lie.
            He tripped me.

We all gotta tell ourselves sumpin!

[not that the ring wasn't . . . hinky]

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              That was a ball!
              Pass interference!
              He charged!
              Bad lie.
              He tripped me.

[not that the ring wasn't . . . hinky]
              I saw a bit of an earlier HT comp--maybe the U23 or a B section.
              The first 2 throwers (female) hit the cage with the Hammer.
              So officials moved the right side of the cage back a bit.
              But I noticed the right side was still INside the sector line, while the left side was OUTside the line (meaning more open space for the Hammer to fly!

Question: Is the cage supposed to be OUTside the sector lines near the circle?
              Was the cage being INside the line causing the fouls??

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                That was a ball!
                Pass interference!
                He charged!
                Bad lie.
                He tripped me.

She won the competition, so she didn't need to make excuses. But, looking at the results of the women with more of a track record this year (as opposed to Kopron, for whom this was the season debut), most of them didn't come close to their bests,
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Ryuji Miura 8.17.46. (NR) The previous record was 8.18.93 in 2003.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                    Was the cage being INside the line causing the fouls??
                    In a word . . . no.
                    That ball is at the end of a long chain. If you had the cage on the foul line, the hammer could go well outside the sector.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                      Ryuji Miura 8.17.46. (NR) The previous record was 8.18.93 in 2003.
                      *Japanese national record?

Comment

• In addition to Vetter's recent 90m+ win with 91.12, according to WA article his series included 90.43m, 89.63m, 88.34m, 88.23m and 84.20m.

I wouldn't know how to look up old results to compare, but that's got to be one of the best series ever, no?

Two throws at 90+; five throws at 88+; average of 88.66.

Comment

• Well, it depends on how you define best!

There have only been five series that I could find with a winning throw of greater than 90m and with all six throws over 85m. Vetter's weekend series is not included because of that 84.20.

The clear best series is, unsurprisingly, held by the WR holder, Jan Zelezny in Stellenbosch, RSA in 1997.

His series didn't have five throws over 88m, it had five throws over 90m!

His throws, in descending distance, were 94.02, 92.30, 92.26, 91.44, 90.58, 87.62, Mean - 91.37.

Interestingly, despite four other series having all throws over 85, Vetter's weekend series has a higher average than all of them with his 88.68, despite having one throw below that threshold. However, I only used data >=85m, so this may just be an artifact of the dataset limitations.

Comment

• I should also have mentioned that one of the five series mentioned above also includes Vetter himself!

Throwing in Offenburg on 24 April this year, his throws, in descending distance, were: 91.50, 88.32, 88.21, 87.59, 87.12, 86.12, Mean - 88.14.

Comment

• From CB, some 10000s of note

Maia (Portugal) - Rhonex Kipruto (Ken) 27:11.01

Stockholm - Isaac Kimeli 27:22.70

Comment

• May 10th - National Throwing Meet - Dalian, China
                                Gong, Lijiao CHN 24 Jan 89 19.50 ยซ ยป
                                19.05 19.39 19.48 X 19.50 19.49

Comment

Working...
                                X