Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post

That's surprising. I can think of about 15 of these tracks on the other side of the Channel ... So I guess it's quite hard at lesser levels to compete in middle-distance races.
    Yes, below national championship level there isn't a huge amount of middle-distance running indoors in the UK. There are open races but many athletes will run a more local cross-country race instead.

Comment

In Boston alone there are at least 3 or 4 permanent indoor 200 meter tracks...

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        In Boston alone there are at least 3 or 4 permanent indoor 200 meter tracks...
        Yup, Harvard, Reggie Lewis, Boston U

And I had no idea another one is being built, literally 25 minutes walking distance away from the BU track: https://thetrackatnewbalance.com/

And thoes are just the 200m banked, who knows how many 200m flat tracks there are...

Comment

bottom line: U.S. sporting facilities blow the rest of the world away.

Comment

Maybe in track but Australia's swimming facilities are better than the US's. Olympic pools are standard here instead of having tiny little yard pools everywhere.

Comment

The US has no shortage of swimming pools to train in.....

Comment

That may be so but training and competing in a 25 yard pool is hardly the same as training and competing in a 50 metre Olympic pool. It's also not possible to set any kind of record in a yard pool that is relevant outside the US.

Comment

I went to grad school at Claremont Grad School; the five colleges had five pools at that point and added one or two before I was done, with the newer ones indoors and metric. Most major colleges likely have a full competitive pool, although they do yards in the US, but it matters not if it is 50 yards or 50 meters. It is not uncommon to have both, pools 50ydsx50m. There are also a lot of competitive youth swimming clubs (where most of the top youths train and compete. The two kids of my thesis advisor that to drive to Industry Hills Aquatic Center, one-time home to 11 Olympians. His daughter was always in the top 16 and as I remember, always ahead of ahead of Janet Evans through age 15, but then Evans just exploded as a 16-year old and was a world record holder by the time of the Seoul Olympics. Madison, 250,000 has more than a dozen competitive swim clubs with full pools (a few are shorter but many 50 yards), as well as a number of other pools, plus the UW. I would be stunned if the US didn't have several thousand competition pools.

Comment

WA have published the calendar for this year's WA Label Road Races with what appears to be a change from Platinum, Gold, Silver & Bronze Labels to a less clear Elite Platinum Label, Elite Label & Label system.

https://www.worldathletics.org/compe.../calendar/2021

Comment

Originally posted by rhizobium View Post

That may be so but training and competing in a 25 yard pool is hardly the same as training and competing in a 50 metre Olympic pool. It's also not possible to set any kind of record in a yard pool that is relevant outside the US.
                      https://www.teamunify.com/szkyslsc/U...ols_020518.pdf

Comment

At Clermont tomorrow...

http://elitetiming.net/live-results/...ntc/index.html

includes a certain N. Lyles running the 60

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                          At Clermont tomorrow...http://elitetiming.net/live-results/...ntc/index.html includes a certain N. Lyles running the 60
                          I see a certain Estonian Decathlete and his bride will be there too.
                          Last edited by Atticus; 01-22-2021, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhizobium View Post

Here in the UK you hear plenty of complaints about the lack of 50m pools for training and competition. I think there are far more 25m pools here.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I see a certain Estonian Decathlete and his bride will be there too.
                              Interesting to note, that they are the two slowest entrants in the 60m dash

Comment

Originally posted by highjumpfan View Post

Interesting to note, that they are the two slowest entrants in the 60m dash
                                But in different heats 😀

Comment

Working...
                                X