Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 World Results

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Patryk Dobek of Poland ran the 800m in Montreuil, 1:44.76
    I think he's only lost one race (?) since switching from the 400mH to the 800m. He continues to improve and could be a threat in Tokyo.

    At the same meet, Andrew Pozzi ran a EL, 13.26 in the 110m hurdles

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
      Patryk Dobek of Poland ran the 800m in Montreuil, 1:44.76
      I think he's only lost one race (?) since switching from the 400mH to the 800m. He continues to improve and could be a threat in Tokyo.
      On the Polish alltime list, that PB time is only =65th performance. Ho hum, you might say, but that already makes him 5th performer! His previous PB of 1:45.88 on the 9th of May had him at =202nd performance and 12th performer.

      That's some rapid improvement, so his next target of 4th performer Ryszard Ostrowski (1:44.38) shouldn't take too long.

      Comment


      • A bump in the road to Tokyo for Ms. Wlodarczyk. Beaten by Rodriguez (Ven) 73.34 to 72.95 in Samorin.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          A bump in the road to Tokyo for Ms. Wlodarczyk. Beaten by Rodriguez (Ven) 73.34 to 72.95 in Samorin.
          Bump in the road with her 2nd best performance this year and improvement on her last 2 throws is pretty good. She's been very consistent so far which bodes well.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ATK View Post
            Bump in the road with her 2nd best performance this year and improvement on her last 2 throws is pretty good. She's been very consistent so far which bodes well.
            She needs another 5 meters (~16 feet) to assure a medal, but if anyone could manage that, she can!

            Comment


            • 2021 PTS Meeting Šamorín, Slovakia

              W 100m Blessing Okagbare 10.98 (-0.1)
              W 800m Jemma Reekie 1:59.60

              Comment


              • Edgar Rivera of Mexico with a NR in the High Jump at the same meet - 2.31.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
                  Edgar Rivera of Mexico with a NR in the High Jump at the same meet - 2.31.
                  Good to see him doing well. Edgar sat in the empty seat next to me above the long/triple jumps pits at the Moscow Worlds when his brother, Luis, was jumping in the LJ finals and got the bronze. I got to talk to him for a while there...nice guy.

                  edgar.jpg

                  Comment


                  • Marileidy Paulino 49.99, makes her the 7th this season to break the 50s mark. Catia Azevedo 2nd in 50.59, PB and Portuguese NR by more than one second, 19th under 51s already thus far.
                    In 2019, 6 under 50 and 20 under 51.

                    Comment


                    • In Huelva
                      wSP - Dongmo 19.75 (64-9+)
                      wPV Bradshaw 4.82 (15-9+)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post
                        Marileidy Paulino 49.99, makes her the 7th this season to break the 50s mark. Catia Azevedo 2nd in 50.59, PB and Portuguese NR by more than one second, 19th under 51s already thus far.
                        In 2019, 6 under 50 and 20 under 51.
                        I'm dubious re the overall times in that race - see my Paulino thread. Azevedo knocked over 1 second off her PB at 27, and the 4th placer ran 51.9 when averaging 54.0 in her other races this season....the conditions must have been perfect, or one or two of those women were running on the line!

                        The w400 is really an open event this year! I think we'll hear of Naser's fate in around another 10 days. If cleared to run, she has to start as favourite, but some of these other women are going to feel they have a shot at a medal. It could be really competitive, and round draws and lanes are going to be crucial in the heats and SF.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

                          I'm dubious re the overall times in that race - see my Paulino thread. Azevedo knocked over 1 second off her PB at 27, and the 4th placer ran 51.9 when averaging 54.0 in her other races this season....the conditions must have been perfect, or one or two of those women were running on the line!

                          The w400 is really an open event this year! I think we'll hear of Naser's fate in around another 10 days. If cleared to run, she has to start as favourite, but some of these other women are going to feel they have a shot at a medal. It could be really competitive, and round draws and lanes are going to be crucial in the heats and SF.
                          Sounds like that 400 meter race didn't pass your smell test. You could be entirely right, or it could be a perfect storm for these 400 runners. I can tell you that when I saw Tentoglou jump 8.60 at the Athens Meet on May 26th, I scratched my head and wondered if they measured his mark wrong.

                          Comment


                          • Warholm 33.26 300h in Oslo today

                            Comment


                            • That is half a second faster than the time he did last year (33.78), though it was more than two months before his official season start over the 400mH.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post
                                That is half a second faster than the time he did last year (33.78), though it was more than two months before his official season start over the 400mH.
                                He started his season with 47.10 and a week later ran 46.87 so this basically shows he hasn't lost a step.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X