Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
    https://www.atletiek.nu/wedstrijd/ch...S9YBTb4RwhQS0c
    Not a result, but this is the startlist and time for the Ethiopian trials later today.
    Some names are missing in events, like Wale in the 3000St. Are there 'pre-selects'?
    Last edited by Atticus; 06-08-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Some names are missing in events, like Wale in the 3000St. Are there 'pre-selects'?
      Wale was pre-selected in the 3000St. He has to participate in these Trials in one event. So, he chose to run the 5000m. Barega is entered in the 10,000m instead of the 5000m. I'm wondering if he was pre-selecting also. The men's 10,000m is loaded with four runners under 27 minutes. It should be an exciting race to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
        Wale was pre-selected in the 3000St. He has to participate in these Trials in one event. S
        Thank you for enabling my laziness to try and look it up . . . seriously!

Comment

• Gidey..WR...10k...29:01.4

Comment

• Lost in the mix of the Gidey WR was also Francine Niyonsaba running 31:08.51. So she now has the Olympic Q in both the 5k and 10k
            Last edited by ATK; 06-09-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
              Lost in the mix of the Gidey WR was also Francine Nitonsaba running 31:08.51. So she now has the Olympic Q in both the 5k and 10k
              Common sense would suggest she makes the 5k her priority now, coming from the 800m, although one would think she would only be a medal threat in a tactical, slow race. But seeing as the 10k is second, at the end of the programme, you can't blame her if she runs both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

Common sense would suggest she makes the 5k her priority now, coming from the 800m, although one would think she would only be a medal threat in a tactical, slow race. But seeing as the 10k is second, at the end of the programme, you can't blame her if she runs both.
                Yea if the events were flipped, I would agree and say she skip the 10k. But since the 5k is first, whats to loose in just doing both?

I think the ultimate win though, because medal chances are a long long shot anyway, is just being on the track at the Olympics after they tried to essentially retire her (and others) from the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

I think the ultimate win though, because medal chances are a long long shot anyway, is just being on the track at the Olympics after they tried to essentially retire her (and others) from the sport.
                  Agreed. I'd like to see her be competitive though, that would be interesting.

Note Caster Semenya is entered in the 5k at Regensburg this weekend.

Comment

• It was a Swiss 1-2-3 in Geneva today in the w100m
                    Kambundji won in 11.07 ahead of Salome Kora in a PB of 11.12 and Del Ponte 11.18. Schippers was 4th in 11.25.

In the w400. Lieke Klaver finally broke 51 secs with a PB equalling 50.98. She's been looking like she coukd all season if she paced it right. She finished just ahead of Azevedo, 51.02, her 2nd fastest after her recent big PB of 50.6.

In the w4x100m SUI won in 42.42 ahead of NED 42.82. NED were not quite at full strength with their usual team as Visser is still recovering from injury, so Klaver stood in on leg 3.

The Swiss are looking like they could be an outside bet for a medal in this event.

Comment

• According to an article in the Dutch press, Schippers suffered from a reoccurrence of her back injury in March, as well as a hamstring injury. This goes someway to explain her times.
                      Bennema said that in their winter training camp in RSA she had shown glimpses of her old form, giving an example of 2x150ms in 16.4 with little rest in between. But the injuries have prevented her running properly again.
                      he has reasseswd this years target and they are now talking about trying to make the final rather than trying to win a medal. After todays race in Geneva, she will struggle to get past the SF.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                        Gidey..WR...10k...29:01.4
                        Did anyone else catch the commentary in Gidey's 10k WR that Hassan did a track session after her 10K WR? I'd be curious to know what it was and why? Do other coaches besides Alberto do this?
                        Maybe there is more in the well for Hassan....

Comment

• Originally posted by ubiQuitous1 View Post
                          Did anyone else catch the commentary in Gidey's 10k WR that Hassan did a track session after her 10K WR? I'd be curious to know what it was and why? Do other coaches besides Alberto do this?
                          We've now got three irresistible forces in Hassan, Tsegay and Gidey. If all three ran a 5K now, I'd pick them in that order, so it will be interesting to see which events they will contest at the games.

Comment

• Oliver Dustin (GB) 1:43.82 in Nice. Yowza, what a last 100.

Comment

friend of mine heard 20 x 200 @ 30 secs with a 200 float rest interval. No wonder she can double back

Comment

Track workout after a race is not that uncommon. The second edition of Daniel's Running Formula has a reference to it.
                                And since Hassan is currently coached by Tim Rowberry (Salazar's former assistant), it's not a surprise she is doing the same thing she did under Salazar.

Comment

Working...
                                X