Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 World Results

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aaronk View Post

    Now she's just 8 feet behind DeAnna Price!
    LOL
    I feel Wlodarczyk did't say the last word today.

    DeAnna Price is still a favorite, but I think in Tokyo it will be close. Price is not throwing over 80 on a regular basis.
    Last edited by oneAndOnly; 06-30-2021, 04:49 PM.

    Comment


    • Series of Włodarczyk:
      75.83 77.93 76.14 76.21 75.18 76.23

      Comment


      • That definitely makes it a classic duel in Tokyo.
        I'd love to see Price win, but Wlod's progress this season is a vector that points right to . . . Gold.

        Comment


        • I just watched Mboma run 48.54 and destroy a very good Polish field!!!!

          Comment


          • Apparently KJT HJed 1.84 today. Awaiting further info!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
              Apparently KJT HJed 1.84 today. Awaiting further info!

              KJT jumped 1.84m today at a meet in Orange, just north of her training base in Montpellier.

              1m75(XXO) - 1m80(O) - 1m84(XXO) - 1m88(XXX)
              Last edited by TWalsh; 06-30-2021, 10:29 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                Apparently KJT HJed 1.84 today. Awaiting further info!
                It was in Orange, near Montpellier.
                1m75(XXO) / 1m80(O) / 1m84(XXO) / 1m88(XXX)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TN1965 View Post

                  Another NR for Miura with 8:15.99. He tripped over a water jump with 2+ laps to go, got passed by two runners, stormed to regain the lead and never slowed down to the finish.
                  And this guy is only 19.
                  I found the video for this race. The fall was actually in the penultimate lap.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQKSbKbu0RU&t=616s

                  And this guy has a lethal kick.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luVCTg1bs60

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post

                    It was in Orange, near Montpellier.
                    1m75(XXO) / 1m80(O) / 1m84(XXO) / 1m88(XXX)
                    That doesn't inspire huge confidence but at least she was able to take 10 jumps and has survived (hopefully).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by El Toro View Post

                      That doesn't inspire huge confidence but at least she was able to take 10 jumps and has survived (hopefully).
                      Consider that Thiam has had 2 outings in this event, a 1.89 and a 1.84, its not so bad.

                      Comment


                      • Thiam did 13.64 over 100mh last night in Liege (where Caster Semenya again failed to get any significant time - not that it would have bee valid as it would have been one day too late).

                        Thiam finished last, 2/100ths behind fellow heptathlete Vidts. After the race Thiam confirmed this was her last meet before Tokyo, and she now just needs to de-stress and focus.

                        Comment


                        • Täby, SWE, Street PV competition.

                          1. Ernest Obiena, 5.80
                          2. Thiago Braz, 5.80
                          3. Andrew Irwin, 5.80
                          4. Cole Walsh, 5.50

                          1. Polina Knoroz. 4.70
                          2. Olivia Gruver, 4.65
                          3. Linnea Jönsson, 4.30
                          10. Johanna Duplantis, 3.70
                          Alysha Newman No Height (4.30 XXX)

                          Obiena and Knoroz earn the last spots to the Stockholm PV competitions on Sunday.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by trackk View Post
                            Täby, SWE, Street PV competition.

                            1. Ernest Obiena, 5.80
                            2. Thiago Braz, 5.80
                            3. Andrew Irwin, 5.80
                            4. Cole Walsh, 5.50

                            1. Polina Knoroz. 4.70
                            2. Olivia Gruver, 4.65
                            3. Linnea Jönsson, 4.30
                            10. Johanna Duplantis, 3.70
                            Alysha Newman No Height (4.30 XXX)

                            Obiena and Knoroz earn the last spots to the Stockholm PV competitions on Sunday.
                            Obiena, IMO, is the dark horse for Tokyo. Slowly, but surely, he has improved all season. His 5.87 clearance shows he definitely has a 6.00+ vault capability.

                            Bronze at Tokyo.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

                              Obiena, IMO, is the dark horse for Tokyo. Slowly, but surely, he has improved all season. His 5.87 clearance shows he definitely has a 6.00+ vault capability.

                              Bronze at Tokyo.
                              Agree that Obiena is in the Bronze medal discussion. But he needs to clear more bars on his first attempt. Obiena has a bad habit of early misses, and clearing bars on his second and third attempt. He won't win a Bronze medal that way! He has to be clean through 5.85 if he wants any chance at a medal.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
                                Agree that Obiena is in the . . . medal discussion.
                                Mondo, Sam, Nilsen, RLaV . . . even Lisek and Braz - have to be considered first, but his has been a great story this year, and if he got a medal, the story would have a great ending.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X