Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History is full of these out of nowhere times, world record holders who are.....who?

Let's see what he runs next, that should tell the story.

Xavier Carter had never broke 20.00, BOOM....19.63.

High school kid, BOOM...9.0 WR!

Who is Maurice Greene?

Fred Kerley a 100 guy, nay!!!!
    Last edited by Alcyallen; 07-21-2021, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• Even his coach can't believe the times:

Clarence Callender, who was not present at Marietta said “I’m still trying to land, all that is hard to understand, said his coach to the newspaper L’Equipe. Alex sent me his times Sunday after his race, over 100m and 200m. I didn’t understand. ] I wonder, you wonder, he wonders. Who wouldn’t? I saw the images, unfortunately poorly filmed, of his race. He’s off to a very good start, then it’s hard to see what’s going on. Considering the difference with his last performances, I understand the astonishment. “

Not very well written/translated but https://www.theindianpaper.com/athle...uge-100m-time/

Comment

• Sometimes timer malfunctions give you a ridiculous time like 8.65 for 100m and those can immediately be dismissed. And sometimes you get one that's "plausible" but "too good to be true". Those are the ones harder to throw out.
        Years ago I had to nix a national HS record because I had two very trustworthy hand times that were considerably slower than the "fully automatic" time. But these days we often have no backup hand timers.

Comment

• People on twitter are analysing/re-timing the 100m race video and saying it can be no faster than 10.3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
            People on twitter are analysing/re-timing the 100m race video and saying it can be no faster than 10.3.
            That's correct, 10.3.

Both Laurent Meuwly and Pierre-jean Vazel, did some analysis, PJ including photos of the finish clock as each athlete hit the line. It was 10.3 🤷‍♂️

Comment

• Interestingly, WA have now removed the 9.84 timing from their top list.

Comment

• Saw a promo video for the South African Olympic team and wondered why Luvo Maynonga wasn't there. I haven't seen any mention of it on this board, but last month Manyonga was handed a 4 year ban (until Dec 2024) for whereabouts failures.

https://athleticsweekly.com/athletic...ga-1039946027/

Comment

• Let's not forget the 19.89 as well in the same meet. Did the timer not work in two events? The whole situation just seems bizarrer.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                    Let's not forget the 19.89 as well in the same meet. Did the timer not work in two events? The whole situation just seems bizarrer.
                    Tokyo will prove how real his times were

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                      Tokyo will prove how real his times were
                      If he had only run the 200, the time might have passed, given his 19.98 PR.
                      Unless Beamon had laid hands on him before the 100 - no way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        If he had only run the 200, the time might have passed, given his 19.98 PR.
                        To clarify, i should have said
                        How real or unreal

Like you I find his 9.84 unreal

Comment

• This is interesting...

https://www.athleticsintegrity.org/d...mpic-Games.pdf

Comment

• Uh oh, can't wait for the dirty deets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

​​​​​​Reminds me of pictures of laying on of hands in the maison blanche. I think it requires the right person or several tons of mustard seeds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

That's correct, 10.3.

Both Laurent Meuwly and Pierre-jean Vazel, did some analysis, PJ including photos of the finish clock as each athlete hit the line. It was 10.3 🤷‍♂️
                                Which is ludicrous if it is the video making the rounds. You can't see anything from that one, pure conjecture.

Comment

Working...
                                X