Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    Nah. Did not happen. Sumpin wrong.
    Wilson's mark not accepted by Swiss Athletics. (Google translate)

https://www.swiss-athletics.ch/de/bl...t-homologiert/

The times that Alex Wilson achieved last Sunday over 100 m and 200 m at a small meeting in Marietta in the US state of Georgia cannot be homologated. The clarifications carried out by Swiss Athletics together with World Athletics and European Athletics have shown that the requirements for homologation are not met in various points.

The astonishment in the athletics community was great when the announcement of Alex Wilson's excellent times made the rounds: the specified 9.84 seconds over 100 m would not only have meant a Swiss record, but even a European record. However, European Athletics has now confirmed that this time will not find its way into the European record books. The start information system required to achieve European records was missing, which automatically reports a false start due to the response time. However, this is not required to achieve a Swiss record.

Swiss Athletics published the times mentioned with the proviso that they still have to be homologated and, in cooperation with the continental and world federations, requested further clarifications from the American federation. After consultation with the organizer and the timekeeper, he has now come to the conclusion that he, as the responsible association, cannot confirm the performances achieved at the GA Games Open Masters. Loosely translated, this writes in an email to Swiss Athletics: "We know that the times given for this meeting are not correct and therefore cannot be homologated". In addition to the fact that there was no referee on site and the stadium is not homologated according to international standards, according to the American association there were also serious but not further explained problems with regard to timing.

Swiss Athletics has therefore decided not to homologate Alex Wilson's two performances as valid competition results and consequently also not as Swiss records. As World Athletics has confirmed, they are not included in the list of the best or in the statistics internationally.

Comment

• I was today years old when I read "homologation" for the first time...

Comment

• Originally posted by AS View Post
        I was today years old when I read "homologation" for the first time...
        As was I and I'm supposed to be a vocab whiz (or at least my students said so).

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I have heard it before but only in the context of vehicles. For example, a car may go through homologation before it is allowed in a race series or to be sold in a certain country. Some racing and rallying formulae have had a requirement for a certain number of road going versions to be produced. These are sometimes referred to as 'homologation specials'.

Comment

That one sent me scurrying to the dictionary sites.

Comment

• familiar term if you read racecar magazines

Comment

• Originally posted by AS View Post
                I was today years old when I read "homologation" for the first time...
                Given that the website is Swiss, it is likely a lucky attempt at a direct translation of the (exact same) more common French word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Track78 View Post
                  I might have missed this but where is F. Tortu? It kind of raised my eyebrows when he didn't run in the Rome/Florence Diamond League. Is he hurt and/or will he be in Tokyo? Asking this without knowing how Italy selects its team.
                  Did you even figure out where he is? I think I saw him on the finish line in the 4x1.

Comment

Did you even figure out where he is? I think I saw him on the finish line in the 4x1.
                    touché

Comment

• Some results from La Chaux De Fonds

400m: Dobber 45.15 Watrin 45.56 (PB) Aceti 45.58 (PB) Nout 45.76 Charles 45.81 (PB) Lundholm 45.93 (PB)
                      110hs: Joseph Jason 13.12 (PB)

100m: Del Ponte 10.90 (w+1.8)
                      400hs: Ayomide Folorunso 54.65 Jesse Knight 54.78 Line Kloster 55.14 Wanda Nel 55.56.

Comment

• ^ You missed Anna Kielbasinska's 50.38, now the #2 Pole all-time (with the usual La Chaux-de-Fonds caveats!)

Jason Joseph & Ajla Del Ponte's marks are both Swiss NRs.
                        Last edited by LuckySpikes; 08-14-2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Ferdinand Omurwa (Kenyan NR holder) just ran a 9.86 (0.6) in Austria! He ran a 9.96 in the heats. He did look very good in Tokyo. Not surprised by a 9.96 but a 9.86 has caught me off guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zelex View Post
                            Ferdinand Omurwa (Kenyan NR holder) just ran a 9.86 (0.6) in Austria! He ran a 9.96 in the heats. He did look very good in Tokyo. Not surprised by a 9.96 but a 9.86 has caught me off guard.
                            Must be the track?

Comment

• Originally posted by ItalianFan View Post
                              Some results from La Chaux De Fonds

400m: Dobber 45.15 Watrin 45.56 (PB) Aceti 45.58 (PB) Nout 45.76 Charles 45.81 (PB) Lundholm 45.93 (PB)
                              110hs: Joseph Jason 13.12 (PB)

100m: Del Ponte 10.90 (w+1.8)
                              400hs: Ayomide Folorunso 54.65 Jesse Knight 54.78 Line Kloster 55.14 Wanda Nel 55.56.
                              But she ran slower in Tokyo? If she ran like this in Tokyo she would ran 10.8-10.7. You know the track thingy!

Comment

• La Chaux-de-Fonds is 998m of altitude

Comment

Working...
                                X