Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Some very strong fields in Italy tomorrow: http://www.fidal.it/risultati/2021/COD8765/GaraL103.htm
    Live results will be at this link:
    http://www.fidal.it/risultati/2021/COD8765/Index.htm

If you can get a not geoblocked link, it will be shown on RaiSport Web from 17:30 to 19:30 (Padova time).

Comment

• Originally posted by ItalianFan View Post

Live results will be at this link:
      http://www.fidal.it/risultati/2021/COD8765/Index.htm

If you can get a not geoblocked link, it will be shown on RaiSport Web from 17:30 to 19:30 (Padova time).
      This 100m field looks much more like the type of competition Miss Richardson excels in. I'd expect her to throw down a pretty solid race today. Also hoping to see Miss Williams break through to find her 5th sub 11 race of the year. In the guys race I could see the winner going 9.8 but I could also see them all running 9.9/10.0 based on the race in Belgium a couple of days ago.

Comment

• Padua - 22.00 for Awotunde!

Comment

• Norman beats Bracy, Baker and Gatlin. 9.97 - 9.98 - 10.10 - 10.17 (-0.5)

Comment

• Oliver edges a closing S'CR. 11.19 for both. (-1.0)
            Last edited by Atticus; 09-05-2021, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Great consistency from Norman with back to back sub 10s. Its unfortunate that the 400m is probably the most open event in the US though, but he cant seem to get it together. The 100m and 200m are stacked and his chances of making the team are so much harder there.

Comment

• Best results from the SWE-FIN match in Stockholm.

mDT
                Daniel Ståhl, 69.09
                Simon Pettersson, 63.97

mSP
                Wictor Petersson 20.21

mHT
                Aaron Kangas, 73.71
                Henri Lipola, 73.18
                Ragnar Carlsson 72.36

mJT
                Kim Amb, 80.88

mLJ
                Thobias Montler, 8.24 MR

mPV
                Mikko Paavola, 5.60
                Mondo did not compete

m400&400H
                Carl Bengtström, 45.98 PB / 49.24 PB

m5000
                Andreas Almgren, 13:29.26 PB MR (beat Lasse Virén's 49 year old record)

w200
                Moa Hjelmer, 23.15 PB

w400
                Mette Baas, 52.66 PB
                Moa Hjelmer, 52.70

w400H
                Viivi Lehikoinen, 55.86
                Nea Mattila, 56.72 PB
                Moa Granat, 56.84 PB WU18L

w1500
                Sara Kuivisto 4.09.4 MR (beat Inger Knutsson's 48 year old record)

wLJ
                Khaddi Sagnia, 6.76

wTJ
                Senni Salminen, 13.98

wHJ
                Erika Kinsey, 1.88 (last competition before retirement)
                Ella Junnila 1.88
                Bianca Salming, 1.89 (in the triathlon)

wSP
                Fanny Roos, 18.65 MR

wHT
                Silja Kosonen, 70.70

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Oliver edges a closing S'CR. 11.19 for both. (-1.0)
                  Race video: https://youtu.be/ry2agQkPKNI

Comment

Great consistency from Norman with back to back sub 10s. Its unfortunate that the 400m is probably the most open event in the US though, but he cant seem to get it together. The 100m and 200m are stacked and his chances of making the team are so much harder there.
                    Norman needs to drop down to 100 and 200. I think he would excel over 200m. Not sure what has happened to his prowess over 400m since the injury. Hes yet young at 23 so he has time.
                    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

• I agree. Dare we see a 4x100 team of Bednarek, Kerley, Norman, Lyles? Could be good. Yeah Michael looks good at 100/200 right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                        Norman needs to drop down to 100 and 200. I think he would excel over 200m. Not sure what has happened to his prowess over 400m since the injury. Hes yet young at 23 so he has time.
                        I mentioned it before, but he might well pull a 'Kerley'.
                        That still leaves Cherry, Ross, and Deadmon, for the USA 400, and they're pretty danged good.

Next year, with Coleman back, imagine

Coleman
                        Bromell
                        Baker
                        Kerley
                        Bracey
                        Bednarek
                        Lyles
                        Knighton
                        Norman
                        Laird

vying for sprint spots.

which doesn't even count our BEST 100/200 man . . . Grant Effin Holloway

or Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I mentioned it before, but he might well pull a 'Kerley'.
                          That still leaves Cherry, Ross, and Deadmon, for the USA 400, and they're pretty danged good.

Next year, with Coleman back, imagine

Coleman
                          Bromell
                          Baker
                          Kerley
                          Bracey
                          Bednarek
                          Lyles
                          Knighton
                          Norman
                          Laird

vying for sprint spots.

which doesn't even count our BEST 100/200 man . . . Grant Effin Holloway

or Benjamin
                          This is why I see it as a tough task for Norman to drop down, the US 100/200 is STACKED, while the 400m is a "bit" more bare boned. Yes Kerley did it, but remember, Kerley finished 3rd at USAs not 1st or 2nd.

Also I tend to think Norman's "issues" aren't specific to the 400m and him dropping down wouldn't necessarily mean he will be a 9.8/19.6 runner, as he would need to be to likely medal. Remember he ran 19.70 not too long after his 43.45.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                            I agree. Dare we see a 4x100 team of Bednarek, Kerley, Norman, Lyles? Could be good.
                            Yes, this would be an incredible team.
                            It would be exciting to see which one of them drops the baton or runs out of the zone.

Comment

Great consistency from Norman with back to back sub 10s. Its unfortunate that the 400m is probably the most open event in the US though, but he cant seem to get it together. The 100m and 200m are stacked and his chances of making the team are so much harder there.
                              He is the best 400m runner we have now I would like to see him run the speed events but I think his bread and butter is the single lap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

Yes, this would be an incredible team.
                                It would be exciting to see which one of them drops the baton or runs out of the zone.
                                Coleman will be back as well as a better Bromell. I think Bromell was way overrated earlier in the season. Bednarek, Kerley, Lyles, evenNorman should he try the 1/2. Don’t forget about Knighten also . Plus Laird will be less races as well. The thing is can we just get the stick around?

Comment

Working...
                                X