Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    New (sorta) outdoor gPV HSR for Paige Sommers in California.

14-8.5, which metrically is the same as the old one 14-8.25 (4.48). 1/2 inch short of the indoor record 14-9..
    What meet? Competing for the school? (I'll need to know if this is a new CIF record.)

Comment

• Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
      What meet? Competing for the school? (I'll need to know if this is a new CIF record.)
      It's on milesplit.com

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

The 10.01 was a preliminary race in the same meet as the 10.38. I have not been able to find any timing company results, but both times are almost certainly windy.

Weather reoports for that weekend in Amarillo called for gusts around 20mph (9 mps) from the north (a tailwind in that stadium). The video of the 10.38 shows plenty of wind among the crowd in attendance, and local media wrote that "panhandle winds" contributed to record-breaking performances.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndFie...sults/m/1/100m
        If that race was between noon and 6pm, there's not a chance in the world it was anywhere near a legal wind. I would be surprised if the wind gauge didn't blow out of the stadium (if they had a gauge).

Comment

It was not a school competition.

The meet:https://www.simpletix.com/e/vaulter-...-tickets-65612

Report: https://www.dyestat.com/gprofile.php...news_id=615447

Comment

It was not a school competition.
            I think it meets all of T&FN's criteria to be the new outdoor HSR.

Comment

• Other w/e HSLs:

Boys
              800 Samuel Austin (Fla) 1:50.00
              LJ CurtisWilliams (Fla) 25-1.5
              JT Bruce Kazmeier (Mo) 211-0

Girls
              SP Makayla Long (Az) 53-3.75

Comment

I think it meets all of T&FN's criteria to be the new outdoor HSR.
                Agreed. cigar95 asked about that specifically for CIF state record purposes.

USATF probably will not ratify it as AJR due the the meet lacking a USATF sanction. Same thing happened with the Pasqualetti mark at the same facility.
                Last edited by wamego relays champ; 04-04-2021, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Agreed. cigar95 asked about that specifically for CIF state record purposes.
                  USATF probably will not ratify it as AJR due the the meet lacking a USATF sanction. Same thing happened with the Pasqualetti mark at the same facility.
                  The AJR would have been nice, and maybe even a CIF record (def. not a NFHS record), but the media don't respond to those jurisdictions. If it's the best mark by a HSer (which is, generally speaking, how T&FN and the rest of us look at it), it's the HS record.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

If that race was between noon and 6pm, there's not a chance in the world it was anywhere near a legal wind. I would be surprised if the wind gauge didn't blow out of the stadium (if they had a gauge).
                    To your point, there were an awful lot of PRs at that meet.

Comment

The AJR would have been nice, and maybe even a CIF record (def. not a NFHS record), but the media don't respond to those jurisdictions. If it's the best mark by a HSer (which is, generally speaking, how T&FN and the rest of us look at it), it's the HS record.
                      Not a CIF record. Those records follow close to (but not precisely) the criteria for a national federation record.
                      A curious thing is that the California state office, despite my imploring them, does not recognize a set of official (CIF) State records - only State Meet records. (I maintain a list of state records anyway, and we'll sometimes reference them on the PA system.) When I use the term "CIF Record", I actually mean the Southern Section record.

Comment

Not a CIF record. Those records follow close to (but not precisely) the criteria for a national federation record.
                        A curious thing is that the California state office, despite my imploring them, does not recognize a set of official (CIF) State records - only State Meet records. (I maintain a list of state records anyway, and we'll sometimes reference them on the PA system.) When I use the term "CIF Record", I actually mean the Southern Section record.
                        We have had the same problem in Florida. The FHSAA only kept state meet records for the various classes, but the classifications kept changing, so they were meaningless. Then they considered only one overall State Record, the best state meet mark from any class. But those marks were not the state records. So for awhile, several of us posted the real state records on the state Milesplit forum. I lost track of that a couple of years ago, but it's easily updated, so I guess that's a little project I could look to again.

Comment

(I maintain a list of state records anyway, and we'll sometimes reference them on the PA system.)
                          Any chance your list is available online?

Comment

• Rheinhardt Harrison, the junior from Nease HS, just ran the fastest 3200 in state HS history, at a last chance meet at Bolles HS (Jax) . . . 8:47.43.

Comment

• That that piece of datum, here's what I have for state bests:

The bolded items lack amplifying details, if anyone can clue me in.

Florida All-Time High School Bests 4/7/21

Boys
                              100 10.01 Jeff Demps (South Lake) Oly Trials, Eugene, Or, 6/26/08
                              200 20.33 Erriyon Knight (Hillsborough) AAU JO, Satellite Beach, 8/7/20
                              400 44.99a Jamal Walton’ (Miramar) Pan Ams, Trujillo, Peru, 7/21/17
                              45.23 Tyrese Cooper (Miami Norland) AAU JO, Humble, Tx, 8/6/16
                              800 1:47.79 Andres Arroyo (Colonial), Fla Relays, Gainesville, 4/14/13
                              1600 3:59.94’ (4:01.34y) Rheinhardt Harrison (Nease) Music City DC, Nashville, Tn 8/15/20
                              3200 8:47.43 Rheinhardt Harrison (Nease) Bolles LC, Jacksonville, 4/7/21
                              5000 14:24.4 George Collier (Choctawhatchee) 1979
                              14:24.89 Ryan Deak (Maclay) Mt SAC Rlys, Walnut, CA 4/1/05
                              10000 30:15.0 Joe Weston (South Plantation) 77
                              110 Hurdles 13.26' (13.22y) Arthur Blake (Haines City) State Ch, Winter Park 5/11/84
                              300 Hurdles 35.25a Thomas Burns (M Northwestern) Great Southwest, Albuquerque, NM 6/3/17
                              35.39 Bershawn Jackson (Miami Central) GMAC Ch, Miami, 2002
                              400 Hurdles 50.00 Bershawn Jackson (Miami Central) World Jr Ch, Grosseto, It, 7/27/02
                              4x100 40.09 Boyd Anderson, Golden South, Winter Park, 5/30/98
                              4x400 3:10.56 Miami Northwestern, Fla Relays, Gainesville, 4/1/17
                              4x800 7:30.31 Charlotte, New Balance Ch, Greensboro, NC, 6/16/11
                              SMR 3:22.9’ Raines 1984
                              DMR 9:57.88 Delray Beach Atlantic, Arcadia Inv, Arcadia, Ca, 4/14/01
                              High Jump 7’2.75 Sam Hill (New Smyrna Beach) Intl Prep Inv, Elmhurst, Ill, 6/20/92
                              Pole Vault 17’1.5 Mike Holloway (Edgewater) Mike Roberson Inv, Winter Park, 4/10/87
                              17’2exh Drew McMichael (Evangelical Christian) JAC Street Vault, Jacksonville, 8/8/15
                              Long Jump 25’10 Mike Timpson (Miami Lakes) Golden South, Winter Park, 5/25/85
                              Triple Jump 53’7.5 Andre Scott (Sanford Seminole) Lyman Inv, Longwood, 4/15/94
                              Shot Put 67’9 Dock Luckie (Ft. Pierce Central) Atlanta Classic, Atlanta, Ga, 6/4/77
                              Discus 210’4 Jarez Parks (Sebestian River) State Ch, Bradenton, 5/6/17
                              Hammer 205-2 Luke Barrett (Trinity Prep) Throws Coach, Sarasota, 7/20/20
                              Javelin 204’2 Zechariah Blake (IMG) Iron Wood Throws, Rathdrum, Id, 5/31/19
                              Dec 7095 Wayne Clements (Flagler Palm Coast) TAC Jr, Fresno, CA 6/29/90

Girls
                              100 10.94 Briana Williams (Northeast) Jamaican Ch, Kingston, Jam, 6/20/19
                              200 22.48 Tamari Davis (Gainesville) State Ch, Bradenton, 5/5/18
                              400 50.69 Sanya Richards (St. Thomas Aquinas), USATF Jr, Sacramento, Ca, 6/21/02
                              800 2:00.85 Caitlin Collier (Bolles) Music City, Nashville, Tn, 6/2/18
                              1600 (4:38.48y) Caitlin Collier (Bolles) Boost Boston Games, Boston, Ma, 5/19/18
                              3000 9:30.9 Betty Jo Springs (Bayshore), USATF Jr, Bloomington, Ill, 6/15/78
                              3200 10:10.39 Caroline Wells (Winter Springs) Lake Mary Inv, Lake Mary, 3/6/21
                              5000 16:18.91 Ashley Brasovan (Bayshore), Nike Ch, Greensboro, NC, 6/19/08
                              10000 36:28.8 Betty Jo Springs (Bayshore), 1978
                              100 Hurdles 13.33 Teona Rodgers (Wharton), State Ch, Winter Park, 5/4/07
                              300 Hurdles 40.28 Markalah Hart (Miami Northwestern) State Champs, 5/6/17
                              400 Hurdles 57.51 De’Andreah Young (Northwestern) NB Natls, Greensboro, NC, 6/18/17
                              4x100R 45.20 Miami Northwestern, State Ch, Bradenton, 5/6/17
                              4x400R 3:38.26 St. Thomas Aquinas, Texas Rlys, Austin, Tx, 3/26/14
                              4x800R 9:03.42 Orange Park (as Munchkin TC), AAU Natl JO, Miami, 7/30/83
                              4x1600 20:24.73 Pine Crest, Arcadia Inv, Arcadia, Ca, 4/7/18
                              SMR 3:53.60 Oak Ridge, Cal Relays, Carson, Ca, 4/9/04
                              DMR 11:53.76 Bolles, Florida Rlys, Gainesville, 4/1/17
                              High Jump 6’1.5 Viktoria Andonova (Coral Springs), Tri Meet, Coral Springs, 3/11/05
                              Pole Vault 13' 3 Nati Sheppard (Ransom Everglades) State Ch, Jacksonville, 5/1/15
                              Long Jump 20’8.5 Rayquel Berry (Coral Reef) Dade City, Miami, 3/17/18
                              Triple Jump 42' 8.75 Tiara Swanagan (White), State Ch, Coral Springs, 5/6/05
                              Shot Put 50’6 Seilala Sua (St. Thomas Aquinas) Arcadia Inv, Arcadia, Ca, 4/13/96
                              Discus 186’3 Seilala Sua (St. Thomas Aquinas), Olympic Trials, Atlanta, Ga, 6/15/96
                              Hammer 55.55 Carla Salsberry (Somerset) Pine Crest Open, Ft. Lauderdale, 2/20/21
                              Javelin 142’9 Beatrice Juskevicute’ (IMG) IMG Multis, Bradenton, 5/20/18
                              Heptathlon 5251 Beatrice Juskevicute’ (IMG) NB Natls, Greensboro, NC, 6/16/18

Comment

Rheinhardt Harrison, the junior from Nease HS, just ran the fastest 3200 in state HS history, at a last chance meet at Bolles HS (Jax) . . . 8:47.43.
                                4:30 at 1600, 2:01, 57 finish. Teammate Bradley Anderson Ball ran 8:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X