Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brianna Rollins-McNeal provisionally suspended [gets 5 years]

Brianna Rollins-McNeal provisionally suspended for tampering within the results management process, announced the AIU just now

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Brianna Rollins-McNeal provisionally suspended for tampering within the results management process, announced the AIU just now
    hmm, I see that:

The AIU said it charged Rollins-McNeal with “tampering within the results management process,” but did not specify details of the case.
    https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...in-doping-case

not that I have any idea what that means.

Comment

Yes, not wording I have seen before. So, not an adverse result, not a missed test...but somehow interfering with the process of collecting the sample and managing the results. This could be a number of things I guess, from trying to influence the DCO directly during sample collection, to maybe trying to influence/lie/bribe someone from whichever testing agency took the sample or tried to take the sample, outside of the disciplinary process. So, for example, maybe she had a third missed test, and outside of the formal investigation process she has approached USADA/whoever to try and persuade and influence the decision.

We shall have to wait and see, but this could be her career over as it would be her second violation, so an 8 year ban...
      Last edited by Wiederganger; 01-14-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

sounds like a case of time/date manipulation to me

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          sounds like a case of time/date manipulation to me
          Trying to substitute something other than her own 'product'?

Comment

I should know this, but why is World Athletics back in the business of anti-doping? I thought that was why WADA/USADA was formed - to avoid the conflict of interest that is inherent in sports testing their own athletes.
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
              I should know this, but why is World Athletics back in the business of anti-doping? I thought that was why WADA/USADA was formed - to avoid the conflict of interest that is inherent in sports testing their own athletes.
              The AIU operates independently of WA.

Comment

The AIU operates independently of WA.
                Does it though? It was formed by WA(then still the IAAF) and is funded by them.

There are no strings on me

Comment

McNeal gets 5-year ban.... see story on home page

ps--CAS will hear the case
                  Last edited by gh; 06-04-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

she can run OT while under appeal

https://olympics.com/en/news/olympic...ing-suspension

Comment

It’s always once they’re caught that people think the system isn’t fit for purpose!

Comment

Well, at least that is less bizarre than letting Demi Payne compete in the Trials after she had failed a test that was not announced yet!

Comment

I see she's playing the God card, bless her.

Comment

Made the Washington Post.

Reigning gold medal hurdler could miss next two Olympics following five-year ban

Olympic gold medal-winning hurdler Brianna McNeal received a five-year ban from track and field’s doping agency Friday, barring her from this year’s Tokyo Games and the 2024 Paris Games.

The 29-year-old hurdler has appealed the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which presides over legal disputes in athletics. Her appeal will be heard before the Tokyo Olympics, which are scheduled to begin July 23. CAS has stayed the suspension while McNeal’s appeal is underway, enabling her to compete in the U.S. Olympic track and field trialslater this month.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...dles-olympics/
                            Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-04-2021, 11:13 PM.

Comment

This applies to anyone who gets banned for missing tests....unless of course they aren't brilliant...

The American Arbitration Association, which ruled on that case, expressed sympathy for McNeal at the time, given the circumstances surrounding two of her three missed tests.

“This is a difficult case because it involves the imposition of a serious penalty on a brilliant athlete who is not charged or suspected of using banned substances of any kind,” it said.

Comment

Working...
                              X