Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brianna Rollins-McNeal provisionally suspended [gets 5 years]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Dave View Post
    It seems strange that she will be allowed to compete at the OT. Assuming that she makes the finals, she will have caused two people not to advance in during the rounds. Those two will in effect be eliminated by someone who is ineligible to go to the Olympics.
    Doesn't Hayward Field have 9 lanes? Officials can plan to reduce any effect her entry may have.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

      Doesn't Hayward Field have 9 lanes? Officials can plan to reduce any effect her entry may have.
      That might be the smart thing to do, atually.

      Comment


      • #33
        An Abortion, a Missed Drug Test and Altered Records Add Up to Trouble

        Last edited by rhizobium; 07-02-2021, 07:17 AM.

        Comment


        • #34
          In the article, Brianna McNeal said she missed a drug tester knocking on her door and she also didn't hear the drug tester calling her, because she was in bed recovering from a medical procedure.

          The multi-year suspension for the "tampering" charge, according to McNeal, was because she changed the date on a doctor's note about the medical procedure to say that it occurred 1 day before the missed drug test, when in reality the medical procedure was 2 days before the missed drug test.

          She claims she thought that the doctor's office had written down the wrong date, and she was trying to change the date on the doctor's note to make it more accurate. AIU claims that changing the date on the doctor's note was "tampering" with medical evidence, hence the tampering charge.

          Maybe AIU thinks she was lying about the reason for changing the date on the note, meaning that they might think she changed the date on the note for some nefarious reason, not because she thought the doctor had the wrong date. But I'm not sure what one day difference makes, or why she would intentionally try to mislead AIU about the date of the medical procedure.

          I think it's odd to get a 5 year suspension because you were one day off on the date of a doctor's appointment. It seems to me like something else is going on that's not in the article. The CAS decision is expected in the next few days, and it may provide some additional information.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
            AIU claims that changing the date on the doctor's note was "tampering" with medical evidence, hence the tampering charge.
            It IS tampering with medical evidence. No "claim", or quote marks around tampering is necessary.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

              It IS tampering with medical evidence. No "claim", or quote marks around tampering is necessary.
              She can be criminally charged too if she actually did that. The entitlement with this generation is something else.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

                I think it's odd to get a 5 year suspension because you were one day off on the date of a doctor's appointment. It seems to me like something else is going on that's not in the article. The CAS decision is expected in the next few days, and it may provide some additional information.
                What else needs to be going on? She admittedly tampered with evidence after missing a test having already served a ban for missing tests. She's lucky it's only 5 years.

                The excuse is just a smokescreen and kinda reprehensible that she would reveal that (And insinuate the authorities are racist) to get ahead of what is likely the ban being upheld today.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Flumpy View Post

                  What else needs to be going on? She admittedly tampered with evidence after missing a test having already served a ban for missing tests. She's lucky it's only 5 years.

                  The excuse is just a smokescreen and kinda reprehensible that she would reveal that (And insinuate the authorities are racist) to get ahead of what is likely the ban being upheld today.
                  She must have the same representation as Chinese freestyle swimmer Sun Yang

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
                    She claims she thought that the doctor's office had written down the wrong date, and she was trying to change the date on the doctor's note to make it more accurate.
                    Wrong date by the doctor? Resolvable and correctable situation BY THE DOCTOR at the patient's request.

                    Forging (yes, that's what she did) and uttering a document (however defined) is an offence in all countries with a functioning legal system. Luckily, in this case, it's resolvable by non-criminal sanction.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      She got caught. She should not have been allowed to run in the trials. Oh hang on, this is the US. Lawsuit capital of the World. Go figure!!!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        CAS Decision Upholds Ban

                        CAS Ruling
                        Last edited by Flumpy; 07-02-2021, 02:47 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by El Toro View Post

                          Wrong date by the doctor? Resolvable and correctable situation BY THE DOCTOR at the patient's request.

                          Forging (yes, that's what she did) and uttering a document (however defined) is an offence in all countries with a functioning legal system. Luckily, in this case, it's resolvable by non-criminal sanction.
                          Here's a recent Australian example of a highly competent but uncredentialled (I refuse to say unqualified) person being criminally prosecuted after the fact for manipulating the documentary process in relation to his employment.

                          https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...04-p577sp.html

                          I hope that athlete's lawyers are advising them about the potential local and/or international criminal risks of lying in semi-judicial proceedings, attempting to subvert the same proceedings and making false documents for gain, all in relation to sport drug testing regimes.

                          It will just take some aggrieved sponsor or eager beaver prosecutor to give some of these athletes a criminal conviction, major debt and possible jail sentence.



                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Flumpy View Post
                            Why did she even try to tamper with the evidence. It was only one miss whereabouts test right? I just dont understand her thinking. Honestly.
                            Apparently Ignorance is bliss

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Unless the scenario and facts laid out in this New York Times story are substantially wrong, this is yet another avoidable black mark and really bad look for the sport.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Al in NYC View Post

                                Unless the scenario and facts laid out in this New York Times story are substantially wrong, this is yet another avoidable black mark and really bad look for the sport.
                                Completely Agreed.

                                And considering whats happened with McNeal, Richardson, Mboma and Masilingi, I'm pretty disappointed specifically in how Houlihan, the only person found to have actually take a performance enhancing substance, was able to do a whole sympathy rollout about how she did nothing wrong and the system is messed up.

                                These 4 athletes have wayyyyyyy more clout to complain about the system yet have not even attempted to do so. So many things are not right here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X