Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vault-emort
    replied
    I see she's playing the God card, bless her.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Well, at least that is less bizarre than letting Demi Payne compete in the Trials after she had failed a test that was not announced yet!

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    It’s always once they’re caught that people think the system isn’t fit for purpose!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    she can run OT while under appeal

https://olympics.com/en/news/olympic...ing-suspension

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    McNeal gets 5-year ban.... see story on home page

ps--CAS will hear the case
    Last edited by gh; 06-04-2021, 03:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

The AIU operates independently of WA.
    Does it though? It was formed by WA(then still the IAAF) and is funded by them.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post
    I should know this, but why is World Athletics back in the business of anti-doping? I thought that was why WADA/USADA was formed - to avoid the conflict of interest that is inherent in sports testing their own athletes.
    The AIU operates independently of WA.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    I should know this, but why is World Athletics back in the business of anti-doping? I thought that was why WADA/USADA was formed - to avoid the conflict of interest that is inherent in sports testing their own athletes.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    sounds like a case of time/date manipulation to me
    Trying to substitute something other than her own 'product'?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    sounds like a case of time/date manipulation to me

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Yes, not wording I have seen before. So, not an adverse result, not a missed test...but somehow interfering with the process of collecting the sample and managing the results. This could be a number of things I guess, from trying to influence the DCO directly during sample collection, to maybe trying to influence/lie/bribe someone from whichever testing agency took the sample or tried to take the sample, outside of the disciplinary process. So, for example, maybe she had a third missed test, and outside of the formal investigation process she has approached USADA/whoever to try and persuade and influence the decision.

We shall have to wait and see, but this could be her career over as it would be her second violation, so an 8 year ban...
    Last edited by Wiederganger; 01-14-2021, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Brianna Rollins-McNeal provisionally suspended for tampering within the results management process, announced the AIU just now
    hmm, I see that:

The AIU said it charged Rollins-McNeal with “tampering within the results management process,” but did not specify details of the case.
    https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...in-doping-case

not that I have any idea what that means.

Leave a comment:

• Brianna Rollins-McNeal provisionally suspended [gets 5 years]

Brianna Rollins-McNeal provisionally suspended for tampering within the results management process, announced the AIU just now
Working...
X