Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    I suspect most of the rare examples of British schoolkids getting PV coaching are when a PV coach or ex-vaulter is also a Games/PE teacher. He probably learnt to do either at a club in the first place.
    The only reason I have been successful at my school was a generous AD who let me buy poles when I had a hot prospect. Ten State Championships got me 30+ poles (over $10K), which is what you need for a successful program. It ain't cheap. The pit was another $10K+.

Comment

• I see Jordan Gray is adding her voice to the movement. She certainly has the key argument:

"On behalf of all female decathletes, all she wants is an equal chance to compete."
      But there's no way she'll have it by '24. Per my timeline above, '28 is doable though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I see Jordan Gray is adding her voice to the movement. She certainly has the key argument:

But there's no way she'll have it by '24. Per my timeline above, '28 is doable though.
        Jordan is the one who started the petition. She has a marketing agency or something helping with the video and graphics she put out. She did all of that on her own, I wasn't behind it!

Comment

• On the Tokyo Olympics track-and-field schedule the heptathlon and the decathlon are going to be held on the same two days. Now that would eliminate the timing problem of both the heptathlon and the women's decathlon, if at the same championships and the Olympics since the women's decathlon can be held on days separate from both the heptathlon and the men's decathlon.

Comment

• There is zero chance of both the women's decathlon and pentathlon in the Olympics...

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              There is zero chance of both the women's decathlon and pentathlon in the Olympics...
              It would only happen if they also had a men's pentathlon and there's no chance of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

It would only happen if they also had a men's pentathlon and there's no chance of that.
                Why is there zero chance of that? Lack of accessibility keeps being cited as a major reason against either gender competing in the decathlon. Adding the pentathlon solves that problem without eliminating one of the most recognizable events in the sport.

Comment

• How amazing would Grant Holloway be in the pentathlon?

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                    How amazing would Grant Holloway be in the pentathlon?
                    12m shot and 2:55 1K plus some of his PRs gets him a WR

Comment

Why is there zero chance of that? Lack of accessibility keeps being cited as a major reason against either gender competing in the decathlon. Adding the pentathlon solves that problem without eliminating one of the most recognizable events in the sport.
                      Having both the dec and pent in the same Olympics won't happen unless it's organized as a pentathlon-within-decathlon with no net increase in headcount.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Having both the dec and pent in the same Olympics won't happen unless it's organized as a pentathlon-within-decathlon with no net increase in headcount.
                        I don't believe thst would ever happen either. The IOC are not about to hand out ectra medals for that sort of gerrymandering.

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

I don't believe thst would ever happen either. The IOC are not about to hand out ectra medals for that sort of gerrymandering.

​​​​​
                          They didn't seem to care when the co-ed 4x400 was added. The 50k RW is being dropped, you could also drop the co-ed 4x400, add the pentathlon for both genders, and you are at the same number of medals as you were in 2016.

Comment

They didn't seem to care when the co-ed 4x400 was added. The 50k RW is being dropped, you could also drop the co-ed 4x400, add the pentathlon for both genders, and you are at the same number of medals as you were in 2016.
                            Oh wait my math is off by one. If you do what I said above, you have one more medal than 2016, because you then have the same number of medals for men and women which has never been the case in the entire history of our sport in the Olympics.

Comment

• They are never going to have a pentathlon and decathlon in the same Olympics or WCs.....

Comment

Working...
                              X