Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 U.S. Outdoor Season

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • noticed Sydney McLaughlin on the start lists for the 100mH and 400m at the Bryan Clay invitational this weekend

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Is Wlodarczyk still in the game? If not, it could happen. People like Wang (77 PR) Fiodorow (76) need to up their game to get in the way.
      Warped minds think alike! I was just thinking the same thing. Wlodarczyk hasn't thrown since June of 2019. Maybe Powell has some info about her.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Is Wlodarczyk still in the game? If not, it could happen. People like Wang (77 PR) Fiodorow (76) need to up their game to get in the way.
        https://www.runblogrun.com/2020/04/a...ntil-2022.html

        Comment


        • On the comeback from knee surgery, Anita Wlodarczyk, 34, has said she has postponed her retirement plans and could compete through until 2022
          Two years ago I planned to finish after Tokyo. Then I underwent surgery so I decided that I would fight until 2021, maybe 2022. This is my plan, and we'll see what comes out of it," she said. Wlodarczyk is currently following a rigorous rehabilitation programme as well as training on the stationary bike and rowing machine and she hasn't entirely ruled out competing this summer. "I would like to appear somewhere but if I throw 65 metres I'm not going to compete; and training to compete only once this season is pointless. I am focusing on getting one hundred percent healthy; I'm not thinking about competitions yet," she said.
          Sounds iffy, but let's hope for the best!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Atticus View Post



            Sounds iffy, but let's hope for the best!
            That article is from April 20th, 2020. Maybe it's not so iffy!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
              That article is from April 20th, 2020. Maybe it's not so iffy!
              Missed that! Gives us hope.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Is Wlodarczyk still in the game? If not, it could happen. People like Wang (77 PR) Fiodorow (76) need to up their game to get in the way.
                I posted more details and the article in the World outdoor thread (since this is US)

                But she threw for the first time on March 8th in Turkey (I guess practice throw) and was recently training in Doha and Turkey. She posts pretty frequently on instagram and an article was written 2 days ago saying she is aiming to open up next month in Split Croatia:

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  she is aiming to open up next month in Split
                  There was a year (2011/2012?) when Murofushi was nowhere to be seen and then medaled at the Big Meet. Hammer seems to be that kind of event.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    noticed Sydney McLaughlin on the start lists for the 100mH and 400m at the Bryan Clay invitational this weekend
                    She ran a PR in the 100H prelims--time of 12.92 with legal wind!!
                    (First sub-13!)
                    But will she run the final??
                    Sometimes big stars don't run the final if they get a good time in the prelims!

                    ADD---She ran 51.16 in the 400 prelims!
                    Second fastest was 1.75 seconds slower!
                    Last edited by aaronk; 04-17-2021, 12:18 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aaronk View Post

                      She ran a PR in the 100H prelims--time of 12.92 with legal wind!!
                      (First sub-13!)
                      But will she run the final??
                      Sometimes big stars don't run the final if they get a good time in the prelims!

                      ADD---She ran 51.16 in the 400 prelims!
                      Second fastest was 1.75 seconds slower!
                      Video of her 400m race: https://youtu.be/sNiZyYdH67w

                      I wonder if she will run the final tomorrow or just did this for training.
                      Last edited by ATK; 04-17-2021, 01:37 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Nick Ponzio back over 21m at Azusa... 21.28

                        Comment


                        • Craig Nowak hit the Tokyo Q with an AL 8:21.49 in the steeple at Eastern Kentucky

                          Comment


                          • Gotta say Malaina Payton is emerging as a Trials top-six threat in the wLJ. Hit 6.74 at Azusa today after her 6.81 two weeks ago.

                            Comment


                            • Candace Hill with her OT Q at Azusa, 11.13. Her fastest time since 2016, and she is still just 22.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ATK View Post

                                Video of her 400m race: https://youtu.be/sNiZyYdH67w

                                I wonder if she will run the final tomorrow or just did this for training.
                                She made that look really easy. Looked smooth and strong ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X