Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gm View Post
    Candace Hill with her OT Q at Azusa, 11.13. Her fastest time since 2016, and she is still just 22.
    I have a feeling this is going to be her best year since her youth heyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Video of her 400m race: https://youtu.be/sNiZyYdH67w

I wonder if she will run the final tomorrow or just did this for training.
      I hope she does. I'd like to see if she's capable of putting up a low number.

Comment

• Aleia Hobbs 10.88w (2.4) at LSU, ahead of a 10.95w by Mikiah Brisco.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I hope she does. I'd like to see if she's capable of putting up a low number.
          Shes not running
          ATK
          Last edited by ATK; 04-17-2021, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Appears syd went home.

Comment

• Some names at the Michael Johnson Invite:

W 200m (+1.9)
              Gabrielle Thomas 22.92
              Dalilah Muhammad 24.00

W400mH
              Ashley Spencer 56.63

W 100m (+1.5)
              Gabrielle Thomas 11.21
              Morolake Akinosun 11.23

Some other pro names ran at the meet, but no real notable results

Comment

• Courtney Okolo returned to Baton Rouge today to run the 400. I've been a fan ever since she came here 5 years ago and ran 49.70, which are not only still her PR, but also the the collegiate and Bernie Moore Stadium records. There was a buzz among the folks around me when she was introduced and she took off on such a torrid pace that with 200m to go, I heard someone near me say "she's going to break the stadium record again". However, it was not to be, and with 90m to go, rigor mortis began to set in and she only made it another 30-40 meters before her legs completely locked up. At that point, 50m from the finish line, there was nothing left for her to do but turn around and walk off the track.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  Courtney Okolo . . . .with 90m to go, rigor mortis began to set in and she only made it another 30-40 meters before her legs completely locked up. At that point, 50m from the finish line, there was nothing left for her to do but turn around and walk off the track.
                  Yikes! She must have completely mistaken her level of either fitness or pace! That's something you rarely see in an elite athlete.

Comment

At that point, 50m from the finish line, there was nothing left for her to do but turn around and walk off the track.
                    Wait walked off the track? Not even walked through finish line?

Comment

Wait walked off the track? Not even walked through finish line?
                      Nope, hence the DNF. Considering how bad she was tying up and how far out she was, she wouldn't have broken 60.
                      jazzcyclist
                      Last edited by jazzcyclist; 04-18-2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Nope, hence the DNF. Considering how bad she was tying up and how far out she was, she wouldn't have broken 60.
                        Really disappointing. Any inside info on her training? She has been with Tonja Buford-Bailey's group (Ashley Spencer, Gabby Thomas, Morolake Akinosun etc.) at least until December. They all post very frequently online, but haven't seen any pics of Okolo in their training sessions videos or pics. Maybe coming off injury or possibly even changed coach? The entire group ran at the Michael Johnson meet in Texas while Okolo seems to be the only one who ran at LSU.

Comment

Really disappointing. Any inside info on her training? She has been with Tonja Buford-Bailey's group (Ashley Spencer, Gabby Thomas, Morolake Akinosun etc.) at least until December. They all post very frequently online, but haven't seen any pics of Okolo in their training sessions videos or pics. Maybe coming off injury or possibly even changed coach? The entire group ran at the Michael Johnson meet in Texas while Okolo seems to be the only one who ran at LSU.
                          Disappointing indeed. The group that I was sitting with was certainly hoping that by returning to the same track and the same lane she would recreate the magic from 5 years ago. Maybe that's what she was thinking too. 😞 FWIW, when she began to have problems, she had about a 10m lead on the eventual winner who won with a time of 52.87.
                          jazzcyclist
                          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 04-18-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Athing Mu Collegiate record in 800

https://www.letsrun.com/news/2021/04...y-and-results/

Comment

• Nick Ponzio opened up his outdoor shot put season at Azusa Pacific with an impressive mark of 21.28. Excellent start to the season for him. (20.05, 20.89, X, X, 21.28, 20.85)

Comment

• Missed this! (in TN today)

Winkler got the auto-Q in the hammer with a 77.89, the third to do so, joining McCullough and Donnelly, so we've got that event covered.

Comment

Working...
                                X